Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: lawnseed on March 20, 2011, 09:34:22 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 20, 2011, 09:23:05 PM
f**k off with this thread.
that you paddy? feck off home to burren

Really, what's the point?

Armagh lose. Resurrect the same shite thread. Whinge about the same old deficiencies. Throw up the same old hypothetical replacements. Repeat.

This discussion is boring, unrealistic and unproductive.

armagho9

Quote from: tevez on March 20, 2011, 09:46:28 PM
County Board are an absolute disgrace for ever giving him the job! Ive never seen anyone as bad at makin decisons on the line and God knows what they do in trainin! Its def not work on the attackin part of the game! I know I have said this before but the players I know cant believe how bad he is! They all maintain is doent have a clue at all!

This thread is a disgrace

armagho9

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 20, 2011, 09:51:41 PM
There's no great shame losing to any Kerry team, even at home. However, i agree completely with Lawnseed. You know, it was embarrassing at times. How the mangement couldn't see the OBVIOUS problems is beyond inept. I've gone beyond angry, i'm just disillusioned now. A decent team, but completely rudderless. It's going to be a short summer.

I would say the management could see the problems just as well as you or anyone else.  Brendan Donaghey is our best full back, would anyone else in the Armagh panel have done a better job?  I dont think so, which is why he was left on Star. We all know the problems with the forward line, i would say POR like the rest of us cant wait to have the two Clarkes back for a start.  The main issue i would have with the management today was leaving young Grugan on for so long for the plain and simple reason that it could not have been good for the lads confidence as nothing was going right for him.

I will judge POR after the summer and see have we progressed from last year, so far i would say we have.   A four point defeat by Kerry, missing two of our best three forwards and probably other likely starters (or at least first few subs likely to be used) and so-called Armagh supporters are calling for the managers head.  What a shower of tossers.  Championship is where it matters, judge after that for **** sake

thejuice

Paddy O'Rourke out...............................field today for Meath, scored a point when he came on.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ck

As some of you may recall I predicted a very stormy season for PO'R. However, it is just plain silly to talk about ousting him. I havent a clue what he is like as a man or a manager but I do know that some of the players have very little respect for him, his tactics or his ideas... also his management team around him.

Given the talent to come back into the team they will not be easily beaten come c/ship.. but it is c/ship that he will and should be judged, not after a league game against Kerry.

under the bar

QuoteApparently Grimley was approched and when he named his price, the county board nearly spat out their dentures.

Where do you hear this shite?

From the horse's mouth. 

mackers

Quote from: under the bar on March 20, 2011, 11:07:11 PM
QuoteApparently Grimley was approched and when he named his price, the county board nearly spat out their dentures.

From the horse's mouth. 
Which horse? Grimley? Couldn't see Grimley giving the inside line to a Tyrone WUM...........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

naka

Quote from: under the bar on March 20, 2011, 11:07:11 PM

From the horse's mouth.
t
this is total balls

Canalman

The pundits on RTE last night were very harsh on Armagh. Really makes my blood boil if  they  are only basing their opinions on a highlight package...... they can't be everywhere. Some really sweeping (imho) things said about Armagh last night which were not warranted and should have been qualified if they were not in fact at the game.

Will stand  humbly corrected and chastened if in fact both pundits were at the GGs yesterday.

orchard 8195

Quote from: armagho9 on March 20, 2011, 10:36:30 PM
Quote from: ardchieftain on March 20, 2011, 09:51:41 PM
There's no great shame losing to any Kerry team, even at home. However, i agree completely with Lawnseed. You know, it was embarrassing at times. How the mangement couldn't see the OBVIOUS problems is beyond inept. I've gone beyond angry, i'm just disillusioned now. A decent team, but completely rudderless. It's going to be a short summer.

I would say the management could see the problems just as well as you or anyone else. Brendan Donaghey is our best full back, would anyone else in the Armagh panel have done a better job?  I dont think so, which is why he was left on Star. We all know the problems with the forward line, i would say POR like the rest of us cant wait to have the two Clarkes back for a start.  The main issue i would have with the management today was leaving young Grugan on for so long for the plain and simple reason that it could not have been good for the lads confidence as nothing was going right for him.

I will judge POR after the summer and see have we progressed from last year, so far i would say we have.   A four point defeat by Kerry, missing two of our best three forwards and probably other likely starters (or at least first few subs likely to be used) and so-called Armagh supporters are calling for the managers head.  What a shower of t**sers.  Championship is where it matters, judge after that for **** sake

FFS man he could have tried Toner in a lot earlier, Star was the complete architect of the Kerry victory. In your theory if Stevey (Our Best free taker) was having a mare with the frees we wouldnt try anyone else on them. Brendy is a great player but he was getting destroyed POR should have tried that move earlier. Maybe Toner would have got roasted as well but at least he was tried.

balladmaker

Remaining in the top flight this year should be considered a successful year for Armagh from a league perspective.  Still being in the Championship in August time would be a big achievement.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Canalman on March 21, 2011, 10:52:04 AM
The pundits on RTE last night were very harsh on Armagh. Really makes my blood boil if  they  are only basing their opinions on a highlight package...... they can't be everywhere. Some really sweeping (imho) things said about Armagh last night which were not warranted and should have been qualified if they were not in fact at the game.

Will stand  humbly corrected and chastened if in fact both pundits were at the GGs yesterday.

what was said?

PAULD123

Armagh are getting worse. There is a big hope that the two Clarke's will act as messiahs but it is a risky approach to build your hopes on that alone. Ronan has yet to even take the field and Jamie is still fairly young and inexperienced. There is little point on saying - when we get our players back, when we get our players back..... Down are missing our goalkeeper, 2 first choice defenders and our captain. They all should be back for the championship but we haven't sat around waiting for them. Instead alternative players have been brought in and charged with the responsibility of winning in their absence. No one in Down has blamed the loss of Ambrose for anything that has happened in the league. We expect our team to accept the responsibility of winning.

Armagh have good enough players but the attitude this year has been terrible. Accepting defeats without much complaint, instead saying that it isn't too bad too be losing 'cause Jamie and Ronan aren't playing.

mackers

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 21, 2011, 01:58:12 PM
Down are missing our goalkeeper, 2 first choice defenders and our captain. They all should be back for the championship but we haven't sat around waiting for them. Instead alternative players have been brought in and charged with the responsibility of winning in their absence. No one in Down has blamed the loss of Ambrose for anything that has happened in the league. We expect our team to accept the responsibility of winning.

Well hooray for Down!!!

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 21, 2011, 01:58:12 PM
Armagh have good enough players but the attitude this year has been terrible. Accepting defeats without much complaint, instead saying that it isn't too bad too be losing 'cause Jamie and Ronan aren't playing.
Whose attitude? The players? Or posters on this board?
Haven't heard any players taking this attitude. If it's posters on this board then that it is of absolutely no relevance to what's going on on the field. I've asked you before to hold back on the lecturing until the 28th of May.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

mountainboii

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 21, 2011, 11:47:34 AM
Quote from: Canalman on March 21, 2011, 10:52:04 AM

what was said?

Same thing that everyone who has seen Armagh this year have said: defence and midfield are grand, but movement and general forward play is absolutely clueless.

When even an eejit like Tommy Lyons can see this then you really have to wonder.