Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

I was looking forward to meeting you in the back door. Unfortuantly you won't be there when we arrive!  :D

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 01, 2012, 04:08:39 PM
I assume it's appropriate to resurrect this thread.

Good man Dougal, trust you to resurrect this thread. Not supporting your team today?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Dougal Maguire

No. Couldn't make it. Had to leave the young lad down to Belfast to get a train to the Irish Open. Glad I wasn't there now.
Careful now

Sheedy

come home agent paddy. your work is done!! ;) :)
nil satis nisi optimum

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Applesisapples

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 01, 2012, 04:31:16 PM
Oisin the first man to say the emperor has no clothes and that is more than POR, PG and BH must also carry the can.

How can a county with an AI winning club turn out with just two players from than club and some not even on the squad?
A question I have repeatedly asked. Some friends from down reckon O'Rourke can be the most stubborn of men. Looks like Grimly has some anti Cross baggage too. Really is time for a rethink and a new start with some of the '02 generation...The Twins? but after Kildare's inept display and the Johnson debacle do not mention Geezer. Was working this morning and couldn't make the game thank god.

BennyCake

Why did POR get the Armagh job in the first place. I'd say there wasn't a county in Ireland that would have let him manage their team, but Armagh did. It baffles me who actually appointed him.

orangeman

Big Joe back in charge again or would that not go down well ?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2011, 10:41:08 PM
I think Armagh people need a reality check. Armagh had an exceptional period over the last decase, but they need to set their sights a bit lower for the next few years.

Look at this comment made back in February 2011 - is it still relevant ?.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: BennyCake on July 01, 2012, 04:55:09 PM
Why did POR get the Armagh job in the first place. I'd say there wasn't a county in Ireland that would have let him manage their team, but Armagh did. It baffles me who actually appointed him.

I seem to remember that at the time the players were given the opportunity to nominate in a secret ballot and all he got was one nomination.
Careful now

regal

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 01, 2012, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 01, 2012, 04:55:09 PM

I seem to remember that at the time the players were given the opportunity to nominate in a secret ballot and all he got was one nomination.

Yes, and the one player who nominated him has since retired. There should be a long list of candidates including:

- McEntees
- McGeeney
- McAlinden
- Grimley
- McGrane

Time for Hughie to get the cheque book out

balladmaker

How easily can PG wash his hands of this debacle?  Surely he has to carry his share of the blame along with POR.

winsamsoon

The key to Armaghs brighter future lies in the selections processes. Won't matter if we had the Good lord himself at the helm , if we pick ogres instead of footballers then we will be beaten by the majority of teams in Ireland .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2012, 04:38:06 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on July 01, 2012, 04:31:16 PM
Oisin the first man to say the emperor has no clothes and that is more than POR, PG and BH must also carry the can.

How can a county with an AI winning club turn out with just two players from than club and some not even on the squad?
A question I have repeatedly asked. Some friends from down reckon O'Rourke can be the most stubborn of men. Looks like Grimly has some anti Cross baggage too. Really is time for a rethink and a new start with some of the '02 generation...The Twins? but after Kildare's inept display and the Johnson debacle do not mention Geezer. Was working this morning and couldn't make the game thank god.
Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic but I'd reckon Geezer would maybe put a bit more heart into Armagh if he ever got the job - that's if his commitment as a player is anything to go by. The Kildare job was a handy wee number for him to get a feel for IC management and they had some sort of tangible improvement from before he came.

Thankfully I did not have to witness today's embarrassing showing in person as I decided before the start of the season that I would no longer travel to watch Armagh senior games. 

I was all for giving POR a chance from the outset which he has had and in the overall scheme of things has failed to take. He did bring some success albeit in the NFL, however his inability to form us into a formidable championship side will be his downfall.

I think a reality check is also needed for much of our support. I would be absolutely delighted with a QF but the way some people in the county get on you'd think the team was up there with Kerry, Dublin, Tyrone, Cork etc. and that we should be knocking on the door each year.

McEntee and McGeeney as joint managers would be my ideal replacements for the existing management team.

yellowcard

Inevitable now that he goes. I would worry about the appointment process after the last debacle. I would like to see Tony McEntee get the job.