Mourinho - Brilliant

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 27, 2011, 11:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 09:13:07 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:46:59 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:45:01 AM
I wouldn't have taken any notice.

(Poor response) Because it doesn't happen.

Sorry about the quality of my response. To what standard should I aspire?

Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll.
The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!

- Oscar Wilde

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CountyMan

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 10:56:06 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 09:13:07 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:46:59 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:45:01 AM
I wouldn't have taken any notice.

(Poor response) Because it doesn't happen.

Sorry about the quality of my response. To what standard should I aspire?

Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll.
The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!

- Oscar Wilde

lol

J OGorman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 27, 2011, 11:59:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDOKCf0igbw

In a weekend where every team i support and play with got pasted, this cheered me up, worthy of a thread of its own, ive always liked this man, legend imo.

just ask the ref who had to resign and had death threats due to your 'legends' lies

CountyMan

Quote from: J OGorman on February 28, 2011, 10:58:38 AM

In a weekend where every team i support and play with got pasted, this cheered me up, worthy of a thread of its own, ive always liked this man, legend imo.

just ask the ref who had to resign and had death threats due to your 'legends' lies

??

AZOffaly

Frisk?

Billys Boots

QuoteFrisk?

Only if you insist.

Fair play to him - the kids will remember it, and that's what's important, in my view.  It isn't worthy of a thread though.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnneycool

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:44:12 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:38:31 AM
He acknowledges the kids. Big deal. What has the world become if this is remarkable, never mind "worthy of a thread on its own".

When have you seen any GAA player/manager acknowledge kids, with millions watching, like that? (usually zoned in?)

Or any other professional sportsman?

I suppose Brian Cody and Ger Loughnane teachs kids, is that the same?

paco

I can't understand why he's so well thought of by some people. In Spain, he criticised Manuel Preciado (manager of Sporting Gijon) and questioned his professionalism after they were beat by Barcelona, Preciado responded by calling him a sc**bag and nobody really complained, in fact most people were behind him! It's all well and good shaking hands with the youngsters before the game but when things don't go his way, Mourinho is a very bitter man, always questioning others and never taking responsibility himself.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Norf Tyrone

But what he said happened, happened. Mourinho stated that he had seen Rijkard in Frisk's technical area in the dressing rooms at HT (Which is a breaking the rules). He later clarified that he had not seen it, but his coaching staff, Clarke etc had. He stated that as far as he was concerned that was as the same as him saying it as he trusted his men so much.

UEFA's investigation found that Rijkard had indeed breeched the rules, had indeed talked to Frisk at half time, and subsequently Frisk red carded Drogba controversially in the second half. However UEFA deciced to punish Chelsea! As you do.

Personally the whole death threat thing for Frisk I think was BS. Frisk stated that he received threats via post, email AND phone and yet there was not one single conviction? Frisk also stated during his retirement speech that he was 'a Chelsea fan since he was a boy'. Did he tell anyone this prior to reffing Chelsea games in Europe as surely this is bit of a conflict of interest!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SLIGONIAN

Fck sake i thought this would be a positive thread, now i feel like deleting it. Some negative so and so's on here.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Lecale2

isourboydownyet

loved the reaction of the last kid on the right where mourinho pulled his ear and the kid threw back the elbow :D,wonder is that brokencrossbar's cub :D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 28, 2011, 09:24:14 PM
Fck sake i thought this would be a positive thread, now i feel like deleting it. Some negative so and so's on here.
Now, now, don't let the bastards get to you. ;D
The man stopped to play with a few kids and gave them all something to remember for the rest of their lives. It was no big deal;; he probably acted on impulse with no ulterior motives in mind. Like BB, I don't think his spontaneous gesture deserves a thread of its own here but I think you were right to mention it all the same.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

I think ground rules need to be drawn up on what 'deserves' to have a thread of its own as deserving a thread of its own appears to be relatively important. We need a grading system and it should be backdated for the hundreds (thousands?) of threads that already exist on the gaaboard database.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.