SLIGO V TYRONE NFL 2

Started by rrhf, February 22, 2011, 02:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doohicky

Going to miss this game.

ironically enough it's because of being at a stag do with a load of Sligo men.

Fuzzman

Any team news yet lads?
Do we expect Colm to come straight back into the team? Is orange Mugsy in with a chance to start?

KIDDO 4

Allianz League Rd 3 – Team

Tyrone Team v Sligo
Allianz League Rd 3

1) Jonathan Curran
2) Aidan McCrory
3) Cathal McCarron
4) Dermot Carlin
5) Davy Harte
6) Conor Gormley
7) Ryan McMenamin
Kevin Hughes
9) Niall McKenna
10) Peter Harte
11) Brian McGuigan
12) Sean Cavanagh
13) Martin Penrose
14) Stephen O'Neill
15) Enda McGinley

———————–

16) Pascal McConnell
17) Aidan Cassidy
18) Colm Cavanagh
19) Mark Donnelly
20) Damien McCaul
21) Stephen McNally
22) Patrick McNiece
23) P.J. Quinn
24) Martin Swift
25) Owen Mulligan
26) Sean O'Neill

ONeill

Mickey giving all outfield players the chance to redeem themselves. No scapegoats then. Gormley, despite his past heroics, will have something to prove regarding his form this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gaagaa

I really think Quinn needs to play chb for Tyrone - he needs to get game time now for the championship - gormley was an incredible player but he is currently leaving the whole defence exposed with his lack of pace

Aaron Boone

I was worried about that half-back line last year, never mind 2011. Their 8) average age has gone up by a year since.

Fuzzman

I really can't understand Mickey's thinking either. In 03 and 05 I think half back was our strongest line. I think recently it's our weakest. Jordan had a good season last year but the other two weren't great. Block still reads the game very well but teams are now targeting his lack of pace like they used to do with Horse.
Would McNally, Peter Harte or mcNabb not deserve a chance there.
I'd be happy to see both McMahons there come summer with Jordan

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on February 24, 2011, 09:08:07 PM
Allianz League Rd 3 – Team

Tyrone Team v Sligo
Allianz League Rd 3

1) Jonathan Curran
2) Aidan McCrory
3) Cathal McCarron
4) Dermot Carlin
5) Davy Harte
6) Conor Gormley
7) Ryan McMenamin
Kevin Hughes
9) Niall McKenna
10) Peter Harte
11) Brian McGuigan
12) Sean Cavanagh
13) Martin Penrose
14) Stephen O'Neill
15) Enda McGinley

———————–

16) Pascal McConnell
17) Aidan Cassidy
18) Colm Cavanagh
19) Mark Donnelly
20) Damien McCaul
21) Stephen McNally
22) Patrick McNiece
23) P.J. Quinn
24) Martin Swift
25) Owen Mulligan
26) Sean O'Neill

Surprised theres no changes considering how bad the last performance was:
Would like to have seen PJ;D McCaul; Red O'neill get a start ahead of McCrory, D Harte and possibly gormley
Also thought he would have shook up forward line with mugsy or sparky getting a start!
I think Tyrone could get relegated this year again!

Rocky Mc Guigan

6 points in 70 minutes last week with a mere free the solitary score in the 2nd half- only thing diferent about the team this week is the keeper!! Baffled

omagh_gael

Obviously Mickey knows infinitly more about football than any on here and he has his reasons to keep the same outfield 14 (perhaps he's looking for them to seek redemption after last weekend), however, this is bound to be affecting the morale of those on the fringes of the team. If you're not going to get a game after the Donegal match then will you get a game?

Rocky Mc Guigan

Think it's the last chance saloon for many of the older hands- I'm sure the manager has been picking over the DVD of last weekend and scratching his head as much as the rest of us

Mr. Nakata

This game against Sligo is massive. The last time I remember such a shite performance was when Donegal funnily enough kicked us off the park in the Ulster semi-final at Clones in 2004. We were brutal that day and even worse I think last Saturday. I left Healy Park feeling empty. Last year we were relegated in the league and put out of the championship needlessly for a number of reasons, 2 being conceding midfield completely and kicking wide after wide. That for me means last year was a bad year. I didn't get to the Derry league game but that muck on Saturday last has really given me food for thought for the year ahead. Looking at 10 players ball watching in the middle 3rd with 2 men inside was painful viewing, as was the Hail Mary stuff near the end.  Cavanagh should have been taken off. Watching Stevie O'Neill storm down the tunnel at the final whistle and not warm down with the team was unacceptable. Yes he never got a kick at it and was rightly pissed off at the lack of supply but you win and lose together. I hope the beard's selection for Sligo is the right one. I was expecting wholesale change.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 25, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
Obviously Mickey knows infinitly more about football than any on here and he has his reasons to keep the same outfield 14 (perhaps he's looking for them to seek redemption after last weekend), however, this is bound to be affecting the morale of those on the fringes of the team. If you're not going to get a game after the Donegal match then will you get a game?

Thats the type of crap that makes me cringe on these boards - you can't express an opinion when tyrone are playing shite or else you get the - 'well i think mickey harte knows more than you!!!!' I know he does but as has been seen in the past he can be stubborn enough at times!!!

Fuzzman

Well said. If I was on the panel I would be thinking to hell with this. I'm not going to miss my club games all year to warm the county bench.

Redhand Santa

No matter what happens there is going to be boys on the bench. Harte can only pick what he thinks is the best team. They won't be missing club games all year. They will play in at least 2/3's of the league games and the championship. I hope for a much improved performance this week and don't be suprised if there is changes before throw in to the team.