Double header in Croker

Started by Declan, February 17, 2011, 08:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

No thread on the Cork game so why not have one about the two All-Ireland champions in HQ on the one night. Looking forward to both games and a blue double ;) ;)

Tipp will not like to lose the first two league games and Cork showed against Kerry that they are still the top team in the country so the Dubs will be up against it.

Also great interview here with David Hickey about a presentation that's due to take place on Sat night
http://m.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0212/1224289636068.html

Jinxy

Very enjoyable article.
He's some man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

5 Sams

Excellent article....it's amazing how many of those guys on that team were very high achievers off the field as well....Kelleher, Hanahoe, O'Neill, Brogan.....
The Aristocrat Years

Hound

Tickets available on the day as follows:

On Saturday tickets will be on sale from ticket kiosks at the following locations: (1) Top of Jones Road (opposite Gill's pub) (2) Ballybough (3) Dorst St Ticket Office (53 Lr Dorset St). €13 stand, €10 terrace, €5 child.

Timetable:
4.55: Tippeary hurlers take to Croke Park pitch
4.57:  Dublin hurlers take to Croke Park pitch
5.15:  Throw-in Dublin v Tipperary; Allianz NHL
5.52: Half-time: Juvenile games - Dublin v Tipperary (two U13 hurling exhibition games)
6.50:  Jedward
7.14:  Cork hurlers take to Croke Park pitch
7.16:  Dublin footballers take to Croke Park pitch
7.28:  Amhrán na bhFiann
7.30:  Throw-in: Dublin v Cork; Allianz NFL
8.05 (estimate):  Half-time: Dublin v Cork: 2 x U13 Football Exhibition games
8.22 (estimate):  Start of second half

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

After "Jedward" there'll be nobody there to notice.

Real Talk

Do 'Jedward' play Hurling or Football and which County do they represent ????

I'd  say they are corner forwards in the Ross Munelly mould

Good idea though

magpie seanie

Super article by Tom Humphries. Hickey is some man alright. We need more like him and we need to listen to them.

Saturday should be a good night. I'm only sorry I won't be there myself.

Milltown Row2

should be a grand night, do we get rotten eggs before we get in for Jedward?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2011, 10:00:49 PM
should be a grand night, do we get rotten eggs before we get in for Jedward?

LOL
Would those two ejits seriously be a crowd puller at the weekend? Fair play to Dublin for trying to put on a big show but JEDWARD?

Milltown Row2

I will be booing the whole way through it (Jedward that is)!!

Will they hear me in the premier area Bud?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Just what do the geniuses who came up with this programme imagine is the crossover between people who are interested in "Jedward" (the best argument yet for adoption of China's "one child" policy) and people who are interested in football and hurling?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on February 18, 2011, 11:01:14 AM
Just what do the geniuses who came up with this programme imagine is the crossover between people who are interested in "Jedward" (the best argument yet for adoption of China's "one child" policy) and people who are interested in football and hurling?

Crossover probably zero but I actually think getting Jedward and the likes in is a good idea Hardy. There'll be loads of kids there who probably won't have set foot in Croker before and while I hope they and their screeching aren't sitting within an asses roar of me it does give our games great exposure in February. Plus we'll get to sink a few comfortable pints between the hurling and football, usually it's a rush job.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

I suppose you have a point, Croí, and it's good to get the kids interested. But isn't it at the expense of seeming to endorse the sort of shitehawkery that "Jedward" represent and that's just the sort of thing the GAA exists to prevent our kids from being infected with? I'd be for it if it involved "Jedward" being made to stand (silently, of course) in a corner of the field and watch kids playing football and hurling for half an hour. Just as an example to the kids of the proper hierarchy of role models. I'd be all for a public scourging of Louis Walsh as a finale, but I don't think you can get away with that kind of thing these days.