Team America - World Police

Started by Nally Stand, February 15, 2011, 08:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: stephenite on February 16, 2011, 02:16:29 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on February 15, 2011, 11:19:20 PM
they wont mess with us now that enda has us in the european rapid reaction force ::)

I thought the Irish people voted for this?

Doesn't mean it was a wise idea. They voted FF for the last 14 years too!

(And they voted against it. Then the government decided that the people were wrong and had to vote again until they got it right).
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

stephenite

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 16, 2011, 10:00:58 AM
they wont mess with us now that enda has us in the european rapid reaction force ::)

(And they voted against it. Then the government decided that the people were wrong and had to vote again until they got it right).

Not really the point though is it?

Nally Stand

Quote from: stephenite on February 16, 2011, 10:06:45 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 16, 2011, 10:00:58 AM

Not really the point though is it?

Not if you don't want it to be. Interesting though
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

stephenite

?
No, it's not interesting though. There was a vote, supported by all major parties that the majority approved. Enda Kenny, much as I disrespect his leadership qualities, will have no choice in what happens which is the original point I was making.

mylestheslasher

On the news this morning is Hilary Clinton giving 29bn dollars to countries to help the opposition get around technology sensorship. I presume this is only in countries where the US don't like the leadership. Imagine they spend 29bn on that!

Banana Man

funny, no mention of the trips to afghanistan in the eighties to arm them against the russians and then use the arms to fight the yanks years later

johnneycool

Quote from: Banana Man on February 16, 2011, 01:43:05 PM
funny, no mention of the trips to afghanistan in the eighties to arm them against the russians and then use the arms to fight the yanks years later

Who, the mujahidin?

Never happened, all anti-american lies.

Get a copy of a book called Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II by A former CIA operative called William Blum.

That list only tells half the story.

Banana Man

Quote from: johnneycool on February 16, 2011, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on February 16, 2011, 01:43:05 PM

Who, the mujahidin?

Never happened, all anti-american lies.

Get a copy of a book called Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II by A former CIA operative called William Blum.

That list only tells half the story.

they'll have to edit the closing scenes of the rambo film, where they talk of the good fight put up the mujhadeen  :D

Nally Stand

Quote from: stephenite on February 16, 2011, 10:17:31 AM
?
No, it's not interesting though. There was a vote, supported by all major parties that the majority approved. Enda Kenny, much as I disrespect his leadership qualities, will have no choice in what happens which is the original point I was making.

Sorry you don't find it interesting. I do, that's all. Not all the parties supported it though. SF didn't, and in the first poll, most people agreed with them so whether you call them a "major" party or not isn't the point (to use your term). I wonder what way people would vote on it if there was to be another referendum tomorrow...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 16, 2011, 02:32:35 PM
?

Sorry you don't find it interesting. I do, that's all. Not all the parties supported it though. SF didn't, and in the first poll, most people agreed with them so whether you call them a "major" party or not isn't the point (to use your term). I wonder what way people would vote on it if there was to be another referendum tomorrow...

You'd like to think it would be different but never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

Aerlik

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 16, 2011, 09:34:54 AM
With great power comes great responsibility. One of the arguments TO makes is that we criticise the US for everything they get wrong and don't apply the same standards to others. I think its a fair point but I also think it is correct that we judge the US by higher standards than most.

That's cos we are fed a tirade of Rupert Murdoch's Fox Channel Shite masquerading as truth where the yanks are all to happy to take the high stand and bleat to the world about how "high" their standards are. 

I see there's no mention of Nicaragua.  Not surprising considering the warcrimes that were committed there by the cnuts.  Oh, and they got their arses well and truly kicked into the bargain.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Puckoon

Quote from: Aerlik on February 16, 2011, 06:18:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 16, 2011, 09:34:54 AM
With great power comes great responsibility. One of the arguments TO makes is that we criticise the US for everything they get wrong and don't apply the same standards to others. I think its a fair point but I also think it is correct that we judge the US by higher standards than most.

That's cos we are fed a tirade of Rupert Murdoch's Fox Channel Shite masquerading as truth where the yanks are all to happy to take the high stand and bleat to the world about how "high" their standards are. 

I see there's no mention of Nicaragua.  Not surprising considering the warcrimes that were committed there by the cnuts.  Oh, and they got their arses well and truly kicked into the bargain.

In the Queen's English, if you would my good man.

lawnseed

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 16, 2011, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 16, 2011, 02:32:35 PM
?

You'd like to think it would be different but never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF THE ELECTORATE.. i like it 8)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Ulick

Warning: distasteful video os US Marines urinating on dead Afghans

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddb_1326259280