mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Red C SBP 13.2:

FG 38% (+3)
Lab 20 (-2)
FF 15 (-2)
SF 10 (-3)
Ind 14 (+3)
G 3(+1)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Ulick

All changes within the margin of error Mayo so I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet.

DUBSFORSAM1

All we need is FG to go up another 3/4% and we'll finally have a Govt that will do the right thing for the country

magpie seanie

Can someone explain the main differences between FG's economic policies and those of FF?

Boycey

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 13, 2011, 02:04:22 AM
All we need is FG to go up another 3/4% and we'll finally have a Govt that will do the right thing for the country

Really? I've seen or heard nothing to indicate that FG are going to make a better fist of it than the present lot. It's a sad indictment on all our political parties.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Boycey on February 13, 2011, 10:45:12 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 13, 2011, 02:04:22 AM

Really? I've seen or heard nothing to indicate that FG are going to make a better fist of it than the present lot. It's a sad indictment on all our political parties.

Maybe the concept that they actually ran the economy properly the last time they were in charge would have something to do with it?

http://www.finegael2011.com/index.asp

Hardy

... on the other hand, they enthusiastically supported the bank guarantee and throughout the so-called tiger years berated the government for not spending enough of the money that was rolling in. And if they noticed the narrowing of the tax base to an inverted pyramid, they kept it to themselves.

I truly despair of the choices on offer and at this stage can even contemplate voting Labour, as the only party that is articulating the fact that the future is grim unless we change something. I said contemplate - I'm not sure I can overcome all their negatives sufficiently to start putting numbers opposite Labour names. Other than that, maybe it has to be a vote for a looney independent, just to make the point about political reform.

To make matters worse, this week I found out that Sinn Féin now know where I live. Gerry Adams was leering up at me from the hall floor when I came in on Friday evening.

armaghniac

FG might not be intrinsically much better than FF, or even much different since the same people are voting for them. But they won't feel the need to defend the decisions made by FF. It is like GAA, a new manager might not be "better" than the old one but a new direction can improve performance all the same, and the old manager cannot fully change things in the way that a new one can.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mylestheslasher

If these polls are accurate it seems that the SF wave of support is slowing down dramatically.

Maguire01

It's a big drop from the 16% they got at the start of December.

But what the polls don't really tell you about is what way transfers will go. And considering a number of 'new' SF seats would be expected on the latter counts, that's something that could be hard to predict.

magpie seanie

Poll changes were all within the margin of error so I'd read very little into it.

Ulick

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 13, 2011, 08:05:06 PM
If these polls are accurate it seems that the SF wave of support is slowing down dramatically.

Don't know, this one seems a bit strange. In the SBP yesterday they also published the level of support by region. In every region SF was between 11% and 14% but only 10% nationally. I don't understand how they came to the 10% figure unless it's something to do with SF not standing in some areas.