Ulster Under 21 Football & Ulster Under 21 Hurling Championships 2011

Started by drici, February 11, 2011, 12:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblack4ever

Help!! I can't find the Down v Tyrone game on internet radio. If it's being broadcast, would someone send a link to me. It would be much appreciated.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

Westside

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 30, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
I did say I intended no disrespect to Cavan or Monaghan. I was stating that I believe most people would put Tyrone or Down as favourites for this years title. I wasn't intending to be over-confident but can see why it looks that way. I don't think it is unrealistic to say that the winners of this game will have the shorter odds on Paddy Power than the opposition.

I don't think I was being unfair or arrogant it is based on what would generally be expected and the bookies don't lose very often. But I do accept that anything can happen in a game of football and not for a second would I have predicted either Tyrone or Down thrashing their next opposition or easily walking to the title. They will have to give their best but, I believe, would be expected by most neutrals to win.

My main point was that it is a shame that two teams that have as much potential as Tyrone & Down must face the fact that one of them goes out in the first round. I don't see a problem with that statement.

In fact as a final point I must say that I would have had Tyrone as clear favourites for Ulster in front of Down. It is mostly just the last two performances that have caused me, and most neutrals to revise that opinion.

Personally I don't see the pity in it.. Two good teams fighting out a classic encounter, what difference does it make what round it is? The way you are talking you are making it sound like this game is essentially the final which despite your caveat is rather disrespectful to two decent teams in Monaghan and Cavan. We went into last year's Final as the bookies favourites and lost well in the end.

drici

Tyrone 0-00  Down 0-01

drici

Tyrone 0-01 Down 0-01

redandblack4ever

Westside, thanks for the link.

Mrs. redandblack4ever
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

drici

Tyrone 0-01  Down 0-02

drici

Tyrone 0-01 Down 0-03

drici

Tyrone 0-01 Down 0-04

drici

drici

Tyrone 0-02 Down 1-04

drici

Tyrone 0-02  Down 1-05

drici

Tyrone 0-03  Down 1-05

drici

Tyrone 1-03  Down 1-05

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open