Tyrone v Donegal - Healy Park - Sat 19th Feb

Started by tyroneman, February 08, 2011, 10:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Last night was atrocious!!!!

Bar P harte; E McGinley and D Carlin no one could say they even played average!!!!

Surely Davy Hartes finished?
Is Gormley ever going to get to the same standard?
Think Brollys right big seans head is up his h*le - pity! he's potentially our best player by a mile!
Should Penrose be expected to run around the defence like a blue ass fly?
Should he not have emptied the bench earlier?

The only thing that cheered me up was seeing mugsys new ummpa lumpa look - the mans orange ffs!!!!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on February 20, 2011, 12:32:37 PM
Last night was atrocious!!!!

Bar P harte; E McGinley and D Carlin no one could say they even played average!!!!

Surely Davy Hartes finished?
Is Gormley ever going to get to the same standard?
Think Brollys right big seans head is up his h*le - pity! he's potentially our best player by a mile!
Should Penrose be expected to run around the defence like a blue ass fly?
Should he not have emptied the bench earlier?

The only thing that cheered me up was seeing mugsys new ummpa lumpa look - the mans orange ffs!!!!

Tyone fans are freaking unreal. Do you actually think with the players you have castigated above are going to get overly upset by the league, by February football? The squad which Harte now works of have plenty of miles on the clock, but he must play them in the league so they get their fitness bank up. To think that they are going to pull out barnstorming performances in the league is crazy. Can anyone tell me when we had a league campaign that anywhere nearly matched the heights of our summer displays?
Look at the bigger picture people and the players yet to return. The key players which allows our marquee players to do what they do.

And to Tyroneman-Sean Cavanagh has never had a good performance in half forward for Tyrone? Is that what you are trying to say?

tyroneman

QuoteAnd to Tyroneman-Sean Cavanagh has never had a good performance in half forward for Tyrone? Is that what you are trying to say?

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, certainly for the senior team.

Sean has been outstanding at MF and oustanding at FF. That said I genuinely can't recall a game he was anything more than 5/10 for in the HF line.

Final Whistle

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2011, 11:17:51 PM
I thought McKenna did alright until he was inexplicably moved to FF.

He did very well in the first 20, but was taking some massive hits (all part of the Senior learning process, so will do him no harm at all). He was struggling thereafter somewhat, and not half as much of a midfield presence as he'd initially been.

Dispiriting performance overall, though it is only February, and as this team has evolves the league seems to fall further and further down the scale of priorities. I'd just hope, that with the class of '03 players, it's more a question of not being able to raise themselves psychologically for a dirty oul game in the bowels of winter (in that they've nothing more to prove), rather than the bodies having passed the peak of necessary perfection at this level.

I'll care not in the slightest should I never see that ref again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Quote2005 AI semi against Armagh. Slap Slap!

Cav played most of that match in MF, with Enda and Meenan. Bar a big hit on Bellew he was quiet all game until McGeeny got taken off.

Although his best action all day was convincing PtG to take that free instead of Mugsy  ;)

RMDrive

Good win for Donegal against a team that looked fairly disinterested. We seem to be fairly fit all right. Karl Lacey has been in flying form this year in the HB/HF lines and I can see him being an important play maker for us.
How McMenamin didn't get a red card for that stamp is beyond me.

Main Street

Final Whistle

Quote from: tyroneman on February 20, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Cav played most of that match in MF, with Enda and Meenan. Bar a big hit on Bellew he was quiet all game until McGeeny got taken off.

Although his best action all day was convincing PtG to take that free instead of Mugsy  ;)

Ok go and look at the DVD  again! He scores two off mcgeeney in the 1st followed by 2 in the 2nd off the same man! Quiet all game-h'uh thats very quiet! If i remember right he was awarded unanimous MOTM awards that day.

Shucks, some people really only remember what they want.

Again, slap slap!

up tyrone

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 20, 2011, 06:20:38 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on February 20, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Ok go and look at the DVD  again! He scores two off mcgeeney in the 1st followed by 2 in the 2nd off the same man! Quiet all game-h'uh thats very quiet! If i remember right he was awarded unanimous MOTM awards that day.

Shucks, some people really only remember what they want.

Again, slap slap!
Dublin 2005

tyroneman

QuoteHe scores two off mcgeeney in the 1st followed by 2 in the 2nd off the same man

He scored 2 points in total that day, 1 early in the first half and 1 after McGeeney had been taken off.............as you say some people only remember what they want..............

Tyrone: P McConnell; R McMenamin (0-1), J McMahon, M McGee, D Harte, C Gormley, P Jordan; B Meenan, S Cavanagh (0-2); B Dooher, B McGuigan, E McGinley, R Mellon; S O'Neill (1-4), O Mulligan (0-3). Subs: P Canavan (0-2) for McGinley, C Holmes for Meenan 43, C Lawn for Jordan 64, S Sweeney (0-1) for Harte 67.

QuoteDublin 2005

I'll give you that, he was ok in that match but again mixed it up between HF and MF -  Mugsy's was the standout performance on that day though.

Listen - I have nothing against Cav, he's a fantastic player I just don't  think HF suits him at all.

under the bar

QuoteSean has been outstanding at MF and oustanding at FF. That said I genuinely can't recall a game he was anything more than 5/10 for in the HF line.

He made his name in 02 & 03 as a half forward!

tyroneman

QuoteHe made his name in 02 & 03 as a half forward!

Played his best at MF in 2003.

Don't rem him being outstanding in 2002.

Mike Sheehy

omagh_gael

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 21, 2011, 05:46:57 AM
Come on Tyrone. Feck the begrudgers.

Is that all you got Sheehy? You must be mellowing in your old age ;)