Tyrone v Donegal - Healy Park - Sat 19th Feb

Started by tyroneman, February 08, 2011, 10:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Agree to a large extent, with all that has happened in the last wee while, even the prospect of relegation again dosent seem something to get too worried about.     

Club Rossa

I still think Tyrone will have a decent enough run in the championship.I don't think they have the firepower to go the whole way and win Sam but i would be surprised if they aren't playing championship football in August.

tyroneman

QuoteSean Cavanagh played most of the 2008 AIF at CHF. That was one of his best games in a Tyrone shirt so to say he's never done anything at HF is a bit ridiculous. He put in a performance that got him POTY!

Started at FF and was allowed to roam at will.

Main Street

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 21, 2011, 05:21:48 PM
I still think Tyrone will have a decent enough run in the championship.I don't think they have the firepower to go the whole way and win Sam but i would be surprised if they aren't playing championship football in August.
They will have do it by the back door.
We have a plan.

armaghniac

Watching this on Setanta, I see what you mean about the commentator! Donegal are not the hapless team I watched in Cross' last summer, (Mc) Guinness is good for you. McMenamin obviously hasn't mellowed in his old age, he should have got red. Tyrone have a bit to do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NaomhBridAbú

Tyrone will be a completely different proposition in a few months when it matters. Forgetting all the talk about the new players, what about the mcmahons, Jordan etc..even the other cavanagh...demise greatly exaggerated...mybprediction is that Derry will peak too soon. Down may well be fit for the ulster. Armagh no. Antrim no. Cavan, fermmanagh zzzzzzz. Monaghan possibly. Tyrone possibly. Not all that interested in league positions in July - or september for that matter.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Joxer

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on February 23, 2011, 02:56:22 PM
Tyrone will be a completely different proposition in a few months when it matters. Forgetting all the talk about the new players, what about the mcmahons, Jordan etc..even the other cavanagh...demise greatly exaggerated...mybprediction is that Derry will peak too soon. Down may well be fit for the ulster. Armagh no. Antrim no. Cavan, fermmanagh zzzzzzz. Monaghan possibly. Tyrone possibly. Not all that interested in league positions in July - or september for that matter.

Donegal not play in Ulster too?

armaghniac

Donegal haven't played much in Ulster since 1993 or so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

I was thinking the same NaomhBridAbú

I was looking at the squad if everyone is fit and I think we can pick a descent enuf team from

Packie

Ricey/Swift/McCaul
Justy/McCarron/Block
McCarron/PJ Quinn/Carlin

Davey/Peter Harte/Joey
Block/Justy/Joey
Jordan(Best player last year imho)/Carlin/Sean O'Neill

Hub/Cassidy/Justy/Sean Cava
Colm Cava/McKenna/Joey

Penrose/Dooher
Brian McGuigan/Tommy
McGinley/Joey

SoN/McGinley
Sean Cavanagh/Cassidy
Mugsy/one of the new lads.

I'm sure I'm missing lads but I think that's not a bad squad to pick from. The forwards certainly aren't as plentiful as they were in years gone by.
I think we won Ulster at a canter last year and fell into the old 1/4 final trap as many before us did. We might not be as strong as in 2005 especially up front but I think neither are our main competitors.

The one thing that does worry me though is Harte's reluctance to give many of the new guys a good run. I think the two McMahons & Colm have been given good chances though maybe they settled in quicker than other lads. If you compare the game time Colm Cava got compared to say Mulgrew or others then there does seem to be a bit of favouritism. I suppose a manager has to go with his hunch and had he hauled off Mugsy in 2005 we would have missed that great goal and Mugsy's confidence there on in.

I think if SoN can get back to anywhere like his 2005 form we have a great chance.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Joxer on February 23, 2011, 03:03:01 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on February 23, 2011, 02:56:22 PM

Donegal not play in Ulster too?

Oversight. Sorry - some spot for the holidays

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye