HalfFitHalfBack

HalfFitHalfBack

HalfFitHalfBack

HalfFitHalfBack

Brian Mallon being booked for stopping quick kick out

HalfFitHalfBack

Main Street

Armagh scrape home by a point.
A bit fortunate according to the unbiased Nudie on Northern Sound.

David McKeown

Strange game really with Armagh slightly on top between the two 45's but Monaghan much better inside. Wind made a huge difference and made it difficult for the defending team to get out of their own half. Very inconsistent refereeing didn't help what was a poor enough game. Bright point from an Armagh perspective was to get the win. The low point was undoubtedly the stupidity of some of the tactics. Monaghan full back line won about 95% of the high ball played in but struggled with the ballin front. Upon noticing this what did Armagh do? Attempt at all times to put the high ball.

Real difference between the teams was Armagh took their goal chance whilst Monaghan missed theirs.

Monaghan will improve Armagh will have to
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bennydorano

A good win albeit maybe a bit fortunate. I thought we were very jittery and nervous and played pretty poorly throughout bar the last 10 minutes, that makes the win even sweeter i suppose the fact that we did play poorly and won.

I honestly thought Monaghan had our measure for most of the game and going in at HT one point ahead having played with such a strong wind I tought a tanking was quite possibly on the cards, but fair play to the team they did dig out the win. Very noticable how many mistakes we made, alot of them were clinically punished.

Not many stand out performers, Ciaran McKeever never give Jap a kick of the ball but because he stayed on him at FF we lacked presence at CHB, F MO was poor enough, the HB line was probably our weakest line today IMO, poor all round. Donaghy was ropey enough, Andy Mallon caught a few times but generally top drawer and a fine winning point!

Probably even enough in MF, Toner & Vernon getting through a mountain of work, we looked as thou we done a bit of work on break-ball in training, up front Stevie probably the pick, Nippy didn't get a sniff off Hughes at FB but contributed rightly in the 2nd half, thought Mal Mackin played rightly and was unlucky to get subbed, Grugan doesn't do it for me i have to say, year or 2 too early IMO. MOR does give us more options at 11, can spread it round nicely but a few times his man went bombing through and Miceal was nowhere to be seen. Lavery coming on with about 15 to go made a big impact, Vernon moving to the HF line to good effect adn Brain Mallon contributed a lot in his 15 mins as well.

I'd imagine Monaghan will be gutted to lose that, it really was theirs to lose (and they did). They seem a lot more tactically astute and aware than Armagh and they really have the makings of a serious team with a lot of their newcomers looking very useful. I wouldn't be impressed with our management tbh, seem to be sreiously lacking tactically.

Final word has to go to the ref who was absolutely brutal, where did they get that clown?