signing up to setanta..then cancelling in a month or so

Started by donelli, February 04, 2011, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

considering getting a setanta sunscription for the next 2 months to catch the NFL. I'd be getting through the sky platform.

Before i bite the bullet, has anyone experienced many problems trying to cancel their susbscriptions with them as the have bad history of this years ago.

Lone Shark

I had woeful grief with it about 2 years ago as well, and I made the mistake of setting up the direct debit off a credit card for my own personal reasons. That made it twice as much of a nightmare.

If you set up direct debit from the bank, it should be straightforward enough I'd say, but I'd tread carefully all the same.

mylestheslasher

I cancelled recently, there is an email address I can dig up for you. Then you have to wait 1 month cos that's what the contract says. They'll offer u the package for a fiver a month for 3 months a week or so before your cancellation comes into effect.

donelli

signed up there.
intend to take the mininum 2 months. reading the contract, it would appear i have to cancel in 10-30 days time so to get the mininum 2 months..

mylestheslasher, i'd appeciate if you send me on or pm me the email used to cancel the subscription.

Fermanaghandsam

I have just signed up as well and like you will be cancelling so I only have it for 2 months. Really looking forward to the footie.

bigfrank

I presume you are all subscribing for 2 months using ur sky service???? Or is anyone doing it thru the free view box/service or can it be done....wouldnt mind doing this too...2 months and then forget about it...

bigfrank

how is everyone gettin on with their setanta??? any chance of answering my question between breaks or something :)

The Worker

setanta uk are doing a deal at the minute, £3.99 a month for the 1st 3 months, then you can cancel.

Is there much on the channel apart from the national league?

think i'l go for it at that price

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Worker on March 18, 2011, 09:06:39 PM
setanta uk are doing a deal at the minute, £3.99 a month for the 1st 3 months, then you can cancel.

Is there much on the channel apart from the national league?

think i'l go for it at that price

You have to give a months notice when cancelling so bear that in mind.

magpie seanie

Like Lone Sharks version of events ealier a guy I worked with haduntold trouble canceling when he set up a DD off his credit card.

Setanta Ireland is free with eircom broadband for those that have their broadband with them.