Published by: IRD Waterville
Publication Date: 03/02/2011
Application Deadline: 
Notice Deadline Date: 25/02/2011
Notice Deadline Time: 17:00
Notice Type: Invitation to Tender
Has Documents: Yes
Abstract: Submission and Brief:
The Mick O'Dwyer Dedication Committee invites submissions for a permanent memorial sculpture for Mick O'Dwyer, which will be located alongside the public path on an area known as Mick O'Dwyer Park (Formerly Barrack Field) as selected and facilitated by an elect committee from Waterville.
The purpose of the memorial is to capture and communicate the determination and indomitable spirit of the man, in a manner that will inspire both residents of the village and visitors to the area.
The committee have selected the image/pose and wish to see a life size piece which must be constructed in a material that will be permanent and easily maintained. It is envisaged that the committee will take responsibility for the civil work related to the installation of the piece and its ongoing maintenance.
Extended Deadline
Proposals must be submitted before close of business on Friday February 25th 2011 to
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Kerry Mike

Never too early to salute a legend, he has given a lifetime of great service to the GAA at the highest level, but was always a Kerry man first and foremost and always had great pride in his local village and area. He has done a huge amount for promoting the area on his travels worldwide and if the locals want to mark the occasion while he's still alive, fair play to them.

Maybe the GAA in Croke Park might throw in a few Euro as well to help out.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

theskull1

Shouldn't the spec include the ability for the sculpture to support helicopter airlifts? That way all the counties that he :)benefitted from him will get a chance to enjoy it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

OK, we'll take the erection jokes as read.

SS - what in the namajasus is that? High infants márla?

Main Street

I like the crease on the trousers.
He looks more like a Larry on his way to a dance in the 60's.

Shamrock Shore

It's a statue of some fella called Ted Bates and was outside Southampton's football ground for about 5 hours until it was removed due to public anger.

It is widely recognised as the worst pile of crap ever publicly exhibited.

I think it looks slightly like Micko!

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kerry Mike

there is already a statue of Charlie Chaplin so we have enough comedians !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

In all fairness it's a nice idea to honour and commemorate the man when he's still alive and can go to the ceremony or whatever himself. I often think we only really show people how much we appreciate them when they've passed on.

redhandloo

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 04, 2011, 02:50:32 PM
In all fairness it's a nice idea to honour and commemorate the man when he's still alive and can go to the ceremony or whatever himself. I often think we only really show people how much we appreciate them when they've passed on.

+1
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

mylestheslasher

I wonder could they incorporate a coin slot in his hand and for one euro a voice recording would pass on some of the great knowledge of Micko.