Previous topic - Next topic

John Martin

Full time
London 0-16
Kilkenny 0-02

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 06, 2011, 10:09:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2011, 10:42:37 PM
I can, with only two wins in over a 110 years last being 1994 and before that 1927, are you being serious?? even Antrim have won ten Ulster championships. Albeit in the 50's
Why use Leitrim? Fermanagh don't have any provincial titles. They must take their football even less seriously than Leitrim!

And do Antrim's titles show that they haven't taken football seriously since the 50s?

Monaghan haven't don't much recently in football. as for hurling.....

My point being, people can come on and give off about Kilkenny's lack of respect for football, when other counties, too many to mention here do feck all for hurling.

I'll name them if you like but would only have the usually suspects yapping
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2011, 04:33:17 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 06, 2011, 10:09:00 AM
I can, with only two wins in over a 110 years last being 1994 and before that 1927, are you being serious?? even Antrim have won ten Ulster championships. Albeit in the 50's
Why use Leitrim? Fermanagh don't have any provincial titles. They must take their football even less seriously than Leitrim!

And do Antrim's titles show that they haven't taken football seriously since the 50s?

Monaghan haven't don't much recently in football. as for hurling.....

My point being, people can come on and give off about Kilkenny's lack of respect for football, when other counties, too many to mention here do feck all for hurling.

I'll name them if you like but would only have the usually suspects yapping

I'd completely agree with that.  Have said that myself, great point.

However your cheap shot at Leitrim was wrong.  Also Monaghan have been in a couple of Ulster finals over the last few years and are a division 1 side in football where as Antrim have been regularly the worst team in Ulster (that may have changed over the last few years) and have done nothing in hurling.  Again your above point about counties paying lip service to hurling stands but before you start rubbishing a county like Leitrim  maybe you should look closer to home.

Milltown Row2

No cheap shots and Leitrim. I could have mentioned their scoreless 59 minutes against Mayo a few weeks ago but didn't ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AidyMac

any ideas of the london scorers?

mannix

Whatever you say 2 points scored in a game  is embarrassing, I would like to see what training they do because they are very unfit or just plain poor footballers. This is not a one off score, they will get walloped all league long.time to pull them out or train to play because they are an embarrassment to the game. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: John Martin on February 06, 2011, 03:06:57 PM
Full time
London 0-16
Kilkenny 0-02

At least Kilkenny got a bonus point for me in the spreads! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2011, 05:34:38 PM

No cheap shots and Leitrim. I could have mentioned their scoreless 59 minutes against Mayo a few weeks ago but didn't ;)

Or you could have mentioned these

Antrim's last game with leitrim http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7931635.stm

Antrim's last game with Kilkenny http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7877383.stm

Maybe you'll come to senses & admit the Kilkenny/Leitrim football comparsion is a poor one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Antrim did manage to beat kilkenny two/three years ago, in hurling. Leitrim was used because they haven't competed at county level or even club level and don't seem to be getting any better. I'm not telling you something we don't already know.

ross4life

Fair enough about leitrim & hurling but didn't you say both codes in leitrim?? they have competed in Football it's not their fault there are fighting a strong tide

Kilkenny get these hammerings in football because of the little effort they put in.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

I agree. my original post said the same. more effort less hammerings. Most county boards don't bother with hurling. If they gave a shit then they could make a difference, slowly mind you. As long as it stops the slide.

Qwerty28

Scoring difference may decide this division, which after week one looks like being tight, so having Kilkenny is a waste of time and is hardly even shooting practice for teams at this stage

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2011, 11:23:42 PM
Fair play to Kilkenny, many give off about the effort they put into Football, no different than Letrim to both codes

Quote from: gallsman on February 05, 2011, 11:49:57 AM
MR, that Leitrim comment was fantastic.

Kilkenny 0-0 Leitrim 3-18  hmm...........

Milltown Row2

I think the Kilkenny hurlers would put up a better score today, better playing (albeit shit) than not

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 10:08:54 PM
I think the Kilkenny hurlers would put up a better score today, better playing (albeit shit) than not

Who's talking about the hurlers? sure you thought leitrim footballers put in the same effort as kilkenny footballers!