Episodes

Started by bennydorano, February 02, 2011, 12:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Anybody been following this little gem on BBC2? Bit indie for the bacon & cabbage brigade but funny as f**k. Matt le Blanc stealing most scenes. 1st class!

ziggysego

Watched the first episode and thought it was very good. Missed them all since and ragin'.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I love it but not many others do. Wish it lasted longer than half an hour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

It is a quality show alright and seems to be under the radar with little promotion or talk about it.

BennyHarp

I watched it ater seeing Matt LeBlanc on the Graham Norton show a few weeks ago - I been very pleasantly surprised how good it is - have taped last nights but watched all the others up to then.
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I love this show. I watch it on BBC iplayer. Episodes 2 & 3 still on-line as of yesterday. I expected it to be poor because Matt LeBlanc was in it, but thats part of the joke, he is actually very good.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

screenexile

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2011, 11:50:04 AM
I love this show. I watch it on BBC iplayer. Episodes 2 & 3 still on-line as of yesterday. I expected it to be poor because Matt LeBlanc was in it, but thats part of the joke, he is actually very good.

I read about it and was very excited to see it come around as I'm a huge fan of Grieg and Mangan and like most of what both have done previously.

Having said that I've watched the first 3 episodes and am struggling to get it. It's amusing in parts and people talk about the 'Zany' Murray and how it pokes fun at the American TV industry but it's nothing new really and Entourage does something similar only a lot better!

There are no boundaries with it as there is plenty of swearing and laugh track so I was expecting a few huge laughs but they never come. It's not awful but I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

screenexile

Right so I can't sleep and decided that I would give this show another go and just watched Episode 4. . . best by far and was the opposite of what I said above. Must be the commentators curse. Anyway very enjoyable stuff and I shall be watching again!