NFL Division 2 2011

Started by Jinxy, January 31, 2011, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2011, 12:15:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2011, 09:44:53 PM
Donegal have improved out of all recognition since this time last year. You'd expect Meath and themselves to be in each others place. Well done Jimmy McGuinness. .

Looking very good so far all right, with several of last year's U-21s doing very well and McGuinness having them play deep and break very quickly. The form of Murphy is obviously a huge factor too. I doubt if too many Donegal people will be getting carried away this early though. We've had excellent leagues many times before, only to fall flat come May/June. 1997 we won the whole thing, before getting out of jail against an Armagh team who couldn't finish the game off when they were on top and then getting hammered by Tyrone.

I'm stunned by this but fair play to them. I was at the Donegal/Sligo game and Donegal looked poor and we looked pretty good! Things turned out totally the opposite.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross4life

Big win for the Sligo men today if they can beat Laois at home they should stay up!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 20, 2011, 12:34:53 PM
Donegal have improved out of all recognition since this time last year. You'd expect Meath and themselves to be in each others place. Well done Jimmy McGuinness. .

Looking very good so far all right, with several of last year's U-21s doing very well and McGuinness having them play deep and break very quickly. The form of Murphy is obviously a huge factor too. I doubt if too many Donegal people will be getting carried away this early though. We've had excellent leagues many times before, only to fall flat come May/June. 1997 we won the whole thing, before getting out of jail against an Armagh team who couldn't finish the game off when they were on top and then getting hammered by Tyrone.

I'm stunned by this but fair play to them. I was at the Donegal/Sligo game and Donegal looked poor and we looked pretty good! Things turned out totally the opposite.

The comeback in that Sligo game seems to have lit a fuse under them in this league and they've played extremely well in three of the four games since. Even the Kildare game, when they weren't great, they should have won, but conceded 1-1 in the final minute to give Kildare a draw.
But its only March and its only the league. They've still some work to do just to get a promotion spot. Not sure whether they've Antrim or Laois at home in the final two games. Anyone got the fixture list?

RMDrive

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2011, 04:34:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 20, 2011, 12:34:53 PM

The comeback in that Sligo game seems to have lit a fuse under them in this league and they've played extremely well in three of the four games since. Even the Kildare game, when they weren't great, they should have won, but conceded 1-1 in the final minute to give Kildare a draw.
But its only March and its only the league. They've still some work to do just to get a promotion spot. Not sure whether they've Antrim or Laois at home in the final two games. Anyone got the fixture list?

Antrim at home on the 3rd of March and Laois away on the 10th.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedandGreenSniper

I see Banty and McGeeney went toe to toe after the final whistle. Anyone know what that was about?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jinxy on March 20, 2011, 04:45:51 PM
FFS Antrim.  >:(

This result was not a surprise, Sligo have beaten us when its needed and today was one of those days. Did the lad Kelly play? we have had some good footballers missing through injury and this has not helped. Straight back down and get ready for Championship now :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omagh_gael

Going to be a tight run in for the last promotion place. There'll be a lot of ears listening out for scores in other games.

Jinxy

Milltown Row2

Only one winner there I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

RMDrive

thejuice

i just don't think Banty will ever fit in here. such aggressive behavior is unbecoming of a Meath man
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016