Laoise V An Mhí - Sraith Peile Náisiúnta, Roinn 2, 6/2/2011__Portlaoise

Started by thejuice, January 31, 2011, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Great to start with a win today,heard it was a cracking game.
Nice to get one over on Meath for a change.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Jinxy

I had a bad feeling about this one as soon as I saw a Westmeath man was reffing it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoisgaa

Pat Fox was bad to both sides I heard. Raging I missed it but at least it was for a good reason. The Harps through to their first ever All-Ireland Intermediate Camogie decider on March 6th at Croke Park following a 2-12 to 1-7 win over Galway side Sarsfields at Ballinasloe

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: laoisgaa on February 06, 2011, 06:25:54 PM
Pat Fox was bad to both sides I heard. Raging I missed it but at least it was for a good reason. The Harps through to their first ever All-Ireland Intermediate Camogie decider on March 6th at Croke Park following a 2-12 to 1-7 win over Galway side Sarsfields at Ballinasloe

Durrows finest laoisgaa with a touch of Cullahill of course.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

MJ Tierney was the star turn as Laois beat Meath by 1-14 to 1-11 at Portlaoise.

Left-footed maestro Tierney scored seven points for the winners and John O'Loughlin got the goal, as Banty McEnaney's Meath performed only in fits and starts.

It was 1-7 to 0-7 at the break, with both teams impressive in flashes. Five forwards were on target for each side in that opening half.

This match - featuring two managers making their respective league debuts in charge - had been scheduled for Saturday but was postponed due to the conditions. However, the groundsmen did great work to make the O'Moore Park pitch playable today.

Cian Ward opened the scoring from a first-minute free and Billy Sheehan levelled matters two minutes later.

John O'Loughlin followed up quickly with the Laois goal and MJ Tierney added a pointed free to make it 1-2 to 0-1 after five minutes. Joe Sheridan and Shane McAnerney replied for Meath but Ross Munnelly tapped over two frees for the hosts.

Sheridan was causing the O'Moore defence all sorts of trouble and the visitors started to dominate briefly ... Ward (2) and Graham Reilly kept them ticking over nicely. But points from Munnelly and Niall Donoher made it and 1-7 to 0-6 to the hosts after 30 minutes.

Shane O'Rourke closed the first-half scoring with O'Loughlin's goal separating the teams at the interval.

Justin McNulty's men got the first two points of the second half via the superb Tierney before Meath sub Nigel Crawford had a goal chance brilliantly saved - 1-9 to 0-7 after 45 minutes.

With the troublesome Sheridan now back on the edge of the square, Meath got three points in as many minutes - Seamus Kenny, Sheridan and McAnerney doing the business, 1-9 to 0-10.

Laois bagged a point but the Meath goal had been coming and it was Crawford who obliged from ten yards to level the scores, 1-10 each.

Laois passed the test, however, as O'Loughlin and Tierney (free) restored their two-point cushion with ten minutes left. Tierney made it a two-point game with as many minutes remaining.

Brendan Begley added another insurance point for the delighted O'Moore men.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Boy Wonder

QuoteBrendan Begley added another insurance point for the delighted O'Moore men.

That Kerryman is a great accordionist too !

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bluebell on February 07, 2011, 01:11:11 AM
Did Ross Munnelly feature today for Laois. MJ Tierney put in some performance from the reports that i've read on the tie. This was a shock result today, no doubt!

Wasn't that much of a shock in fairness,sure we should have beat them in the Championship last year.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 09:11:23 PM
MJ Tierney was the star turn as Laois beat Meath by 1-14 to 1-11 at Portlaoise.

Left-footed maestro Tierney scored seven points for the winners and John O'Loughlin got the goal, as Banty McEnaney's Meath performed only in fits and starts. ......... etc.

Can I just point out that Meath does not belong to Banty McEnaney?

DuffleKing

Ah now Hardy - it does now to be fair. don't be choking on your porridge but he has full control over ye animals and about time too...

the old vet

Royalranter

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 07, 2011, 01:15:21 AM
Quote from: Bluebell on February 07, 2011, 01:11:11 AM
Did Ross Munnelly feature today for Laois. MJ Tierney put in some performance from the reports that i've read on the tie. This was a shock result today, no doubt!

Wasn't that much of a shock in fairness,sure we should have beat them in the Championship last year.

I don't agree, Meath destroyed you in the replay, and really won the first game, only for Joe Sheridans point at the end to be wrongly adjudged to have gone wide
Let em know your there