Muineachán v Gaillimh - 06/02/10 ***Cluain Eois***

Started by Maguire01, January 31, 2011, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 07, 2011, 11:56:45 AM
To concede 0-19 to Monaghan in January is abysmal. What would Cork have scored on us?
And that's 19 points without T Freeman!

mouview

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 07, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
Galway will be relegated make no mistake about it, exact same story as last year, players are simply not good enough at this time. First half was alright as a game with a bit of ebb and flow but once Monaghan pulled out the finger in the 2nd half there was only one team on the pitch. I could go through rating players etc but the is little point, it's the same issues time and again with Galway, I could probably quote from posts I made about league games last year and it'd pass for a report on the Monaghan game.
Only Hanley, Bradshaw, Bane and Armstrong looked like anything even resembling inter county class on the Galway team yesterday. Best player on the pitch was Conor McManus, kicked some super scores and torched Fitzgerald in the first half.

With the greatest respect to the club, there's a bit too much attention paid to players from Ajax-Corofin, been too many ordinary ones on the panel for a while now. As you said Fhairche, the afore-mentioned are about the best in terms of quality that's about. Cillian De Paor looked terrible from the bit I saw on TV, with Matt Clancy back to his running about and falling down worst. Doubt if you'll see Nicky back anytime soon either. Are we now the worst team in Connacht?

On a tangent, does anyone have an idea what the centre of excellence in Prenty's back lawn is supposed to be about?