do you know who's great craic?

Started by lawnseed, January 30, 2011, 11:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

have you ever met a celeb or a public figure whom you thought was a right p***k only to find that they were great craic. i recently met ian paisley jnr thinking he was someone i'd dislike instantly, only to find him intelligent and interesting and great craic.
i compare this experience to meeting gerry anderson who everybody thinks IS great craic only to find him a snob and no craic at all.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

pintsofguinness

Who, in the name of Jesus, would think Gerry Anderson would be great craic?!

I know someone met the UUP's Danny Kennedy on a night out recently and he was mad craic. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

comethekingdom

Hurler on the Bitch

I happened to be in the company of Willie Frazer the other week and he is great crack. He is wile funny. He was cracking jokes all night about all sorts - bit I would caution that if you are Catholic, Jewish, Black, Arab, Gay, from the Republic, an Ulster Unionist, Pacifist, have facial warts, don't like C and W, Hindu, Church of Ireland, Chinese or have AIDS, well, you might find him a bore after a while.

muppet

Phillip Walton does a great imitation of a drunk Taoiseach.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 30, 2011, 11:25:59 PM
I know someone met the UUP's Danny Kennedy on a night out recently and he was mad craic.
Have to say, I can't see it myself!

Square Ball

Gerry anderson is just a complete tool
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

hsthompson

Gerry anderson is the best thing on the radio! Unless colin murray is still doing music shows that I don't know of

ONeill

Gerry Anderson is a great listen on the radio. Funny as feck. But I always wondered why a Derry friend detested him and claimed the Derry City populace did too. If you watch his programmes he does come across fairly aloof and mildly irritating.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: hsthompson on February 01, 2011, 12:29:55 AM
Gerry anderson is the best thing on the radio! Unless colin murray is still doing music shows that I don't know of

Check this out!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cl8r5

It's actually a very good show if you get a chance to listen to it. Oh and if you don't hate Colin Murray like 99% of the population!

The Gs Man

Gerry Anderson is great craic! Played a gig with him about a year ago and he was a good laugh backstage. Although he was eating cherry tomatoes and drinking wine out of a box at the time.
Keep 'er lit

theskull1

People expect Gerry Anderson to be a man of the people like Hugho Duncan who smiles and gances with every numpty he meets, therefore get offended for some reason when they find out he's just not that type of person.

I'd say Anderson would be great craic if you possessed the wit or intellect to entertain him back. People who loathe him might want to reflect on that.

Regardless he's one most entertaining radio presenters out there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

whiskeysteve

Quote from: theskull1 on February 01, 2011, 10:10:15 AM
I'd say Anderson would be great craic if you possessed the wit or intellect to entertain him back. People who loathe him might want to reflect on that.

Intellectual snobbery
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

whiskeysteve

Humour Snobbery as well!

I suggest thee reflect long and hard on this
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w