Armagh v Dublin - NFL 05/02/11

Started by bennydorano, January 30, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Applesisapples

Quote from: gander on January 31, 2011, 09:31:56 AM
wouldnt be too harsh on O'Rourke just yet, they've been missing maybe 8 players that would normally start and whatever new cross players that would potentially come into the panel.  I'd save the judgements for when he has a full complement of players to pick from
I would agree, POR hasn't had a full panel yet. The McKenna Cup has been littered with poor performancesin the past. My one concern is perhaps the over complicated nature of some of our play and donal Murtaghs defensive mindset. I would like to see us attack and score more. The players are there. Why is Tasker not being considered, given the rave reviews he got in last years Cross games.

emainmacha

Don't see why avoid pubs between Red Neds and the ground, Toby a good spot and big Eamon played both Hurling and Football until age caught up.

Keegan's also good bar and think Kevin was joint manager when Ballhegan won intermediate championship, so hardly non GAA bars.

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

heffo

Really looking forward to this now.

Fair play to the Armagh county board on the job they've done with the new stand - looks great in pictures.

pearseog

ogs club situated right beside the athletic grounds...30 second walk!! making a bit of a day of it with all the sport on the big screen during the day and bit of music after

All of a Sludden

Might head up to this on sat evening. Where is the best place to park if you are going via Newtownhamilton.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Don Johnson

Will you be able to go and pay at the gate just?

All of a Sludden

Its hardly all ticket. Few of us going to go up to see the dubs get tanked.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Skiddybadoo

Armagh team named (taken from Orchard County):
                McEvoy
Martin   Donaghy   Mallon
Duffy   McKeever   Dyas
      Toner  Lavery
Vernan   Padden   Grugan
McDonnell   Swift   Mallon

Goats Do Shave

It is all ticket, & payment will not be taken at the gate. There'll be a couple of box office vans about to purchase tickets before the game.

Big strong Armagh team named. Looking forward to it!

heffo

From hill16.ie

Stephen Cluxton
                                  (Parnell's)

Alan Hubbard               Seán Murray               Michael Fitzsimons               
(Ballymun Kickhams)       (St Brigid's)      (Cuala)

Declan Lally             James McCarthy               Paul Casey (Captain)         
(St Brigid's)   (Ballymun Kickhams)           (Lucan Sarsfields)

Michael Darragh Macauley       Denis Bastick
(Ballyboden St Enda's) (Templeogue Synge St)

Bryan Cullen               Kevin McManamon           Diarmuid Connolly                     
(Skerries Harps)         (St Jude's)                      (St Vincent's)

Tomás Quinn               Eoghan O'Gara                 Bernard Brogan                 
(St Vincent's)          (Templeogue Synge St)        (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)

-----------

With all due respect to two honest players especially Casey, I can't see why Gilroy is persisting with Casey & Lally at wing back - Darren Daly did well last week and shouldn't have been left out.

gander

Quote from: heffo on February 04, 2011, 09:58:45 AM
From hill16.ie

Stephen Cluxton
                                  (Parnell's)

Alan Hubbard               Seán Murray               Michael Fitzsimons               
(Ballymun Kickhams)       (St Brigid's)      (Cuala)

Declan Lally             James McCarthy               Paul Casey (Captain)         
(St Brigid's)   (Ballymun Kickhams)           (Lucan Sarsfields)

Michael Darragh Macauley       Denis Bastick
(Ballyboden St Enda's) (Templeogue Synge St)

Bryan Cullen               Kevin McManamon           Diarmuid Connolly                     
(Skerries Harps)         (St Jude's)                      (St Vincent's)

Tomás Quinn               Eoghan O'Gara                 Bernard Brogan                 
(St Vincent's)          (Templeogue Synge St)        (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)

-----------

With all due respect to two honest players especially Casey, I can't see why Gilroy is persisting with Casey & Lally at wing back - Darren Daly did well last week and shouldn't have been left out.

dont know a lot about the defenders but that looks like a very strong forward 6, gonna be an interesting match

Aghdavoyle

Is Murray the hairy boy that was full back against Meath?

heffo

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on February 04, 2011, 10:36:55 AM

Is Murray the hairy boy that was full back against Meath?

Thats the fella - he's not a full back - with the two O'Carrolls & Paul Brogan unavailable he's just a square peg there for the moment