Club History Books

Started by Saltwater, January 28, 2011, 10:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saltwater

Hi!

I've just started a new project to help GAA club history books get published - so if anyone knows of anyone who is working on one, or is thinking about giving it a go, it'd be great to hear about it.

We've just signed up our first club so we're looking forward to talking to as many clubs as we can.

Cheers!

DownFanatic

Get in touch with Loughinisland, Down. I recently read their club history publication. An unreal piece of work.

Louth Exile

PM me your details, our club is 50 years old this year and it is one of the possibilities that a few of us are thinking about
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Farrandeelin

We have just completed our 50th anniversary booklet last year. I'm not a critic of books or anything, but I think it's good...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Saltwater

Thanks everyone!

I was working in history books for a long time there, including some sports titles. What I'm hoping to do is help clubs get a really professional book - one they can hopefully use for a bit of fundraising. Speaking to a few more clubs at the minute so fingers crossed!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is this part of the Oral History project?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Saltwater

It's not, no - it's just a publishing project. When I worked for my last employer we got a lot of queries about books like these so I just thought it was worth going in to.