Ross O'Carroll' Kelly's caricatures are spot on

Started by Declan, January 26, 2011, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

theskull1

I never would have thought you could masturbait AT someone  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

omagh_gael

Banana Man

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteThe controversial trip hit the headlines earlier this week, when a video of two students emerged with them taking part in a "spend off", in a bid to see who could waste the most money.

Some of their strategies included burning €50 notes, using a €20 note as cigarette paper, throwing their Black-Berry phones into a river and down a mountain, as well as paying a hotel employee a €50 fee to fasten a pair of ski boots. When a resort security guard approached one of the individuals to inform him of a €2,000 fine relating to damages, onlookers report that the individual took a €50 note out of his wallet, saying "I eat this sh*t for breakfast" and then began chewing the money.

My God. Utter contemptible behaviour. A sad indictment of a certain section of our society.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

whiskeysteve

"The controversial trip hit the headlines earlier this week, when a video of two students emerged with them taking part in a "spend off", in a bid to see who could waste the most money.

Some of their strategies included burning €50 notes, using a €20 note as cigarette paper, throwing their Black-Berry phones into a river and down a mountain, as well as paying a hotel employee a €50 fee to fasten a pair of ski boots. When a resort security guard approached one of the individuals to inform him of a €2,000 fine relating to damages, onlookers report that the individual took a €50 note out of his wallet, saying "I eat this sh*t for breakfast" and then began chewing the money."

this video online?

just a great advertisement for IMF Ireland
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Bogball XV

QuoteFORMER pupils at some of Dublin's most exclusive schools are being investigated by Trinity College authorities after wreaking havoc in an exclusive Alpine ski resort.

Members of the group of 25 to 30 students, several of whom are former students of Blackrock College, CBC Monkstown and Mount Anville,

What relevance does the first line have to the rest of the story, so 25 to 30 students were on the rampage and several of them used to attend three named schools.  What schools did the remaining students attend?  What counties were they from?  What countries were they from?  All of these questions should have been answered.  I wonder just how many facts were checked when writing this story.
Absolute rubbish journalism, I would expect better from The Herald :P

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 26, 2011, 04:51:52 PM
"The controversial trip hit the headlines earlier this week, when a video of two students emerged with them taking part in a "spend off", in a bid to see who could waste the most money.

Some of their strategies included burning €50 notes, using a €20 note as cigarette paper, throwing their Black-Berry phones into a river and down a mountain, as well as paying a hotel employee a €50 fee to fasten a pair of ski boots. When a resort security guard approached one of the individuals to inform him of a €2,000 fine relating to damages, onlookers report that the individual took a €50 note out of his wallet, saying "I eat this sh*t for breakfast" and then began chewing the money."

this video online?

just a great advertisement for IMF Ireland
were the notes genuine?

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

AZOffaly

Way to reinforce the stereotype 'goys'. What a bunch of pricks. I detest this sort of shite.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I really hope they weren't libelled under "false precedence."
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

gallsman

Couple of friends from college were in Les Deux Alps at the same time - ex-Trinity students but not involved with either the official SnowSports Club Trip or the trip these charming gentlemen were on. One of them was beside a fella from the crowd who ordered twelve double vodkas and red bulls and when the barmaid looked astonished is reported to have said "my da's paying for it, it's nothing".

The email sent to the University Times is hilarious. Guy tried to set up an anonymous email address and failed miserably.