Cormac Trust & Pieta House Golf Classic.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Interview now on Newstalk with Pieta House -

Bud Wiser

In the end it was AZ who did most of the work on this and without whom it would have been a disaster. Also, if anyone knows anyone in Cormac Trust, they sent me their bank account details at the time which I think I posted back on the thread somewhere but after I transferred the money, I think around 1450 in euro I never got an acknowledgement that they received it which would have been nice.  Was at the Dublin Gurlers Holiday Fund golf clasic in the K-Club last week and they had 68 teams at €750 a team plus €20 a man for a draw afterwards so that puts into perspective our little gig!! Maybe do something next year again in a more central location, as the fella sez, if you can't do anything good don't do anything at all.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Denn Forever

I assume thats the Hurlers not Gurlers so I would Reckon they need a lot to get them holidays.

And looking at the secret millionaire program, I think we did very well.  1500 euro wasn't it?

Is it going to happen again this year?  If so, the same approximate dates?  I ask this so that posters not in Ireland could organise their holidays so they could come.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

Agree Denn Forever - it was a bloody good effort and I really hope we can go again in 2012.

Denn Forever

Looking at The Late Late tonight, don't forget to ask the Oireachtas.  Buy that single  and make it No. 1 for Christmas and not a X Factor clone.
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Bump

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 10, 2011, 12:29:19 PM
Is it going to happen again this year?  If so, the same approximate dates?  I ask this so that posters not in Ireland could organise their holidays so they could come.
means what he says...

Croí na hÉireann

Fair play to Billy Keane for revealing his close brush with suicide in the Indo today, takes some balls to reveal a dark secret like that, never mind for someone in the public eye. All to help raise awareness about suicide and Pieta House. Well done Billy and indeed AZ and Bud who got the ball rolling here last year.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/billy-keane-i-let-good-people-down-i-strung-up-a-flex-and-the-plan-was-to-jump-off-the-chair-into-oblivion-3150663.html
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Are we going to do something next year again lads? Biennial?

Croí na hÉireann

I was gonna suggest doing something around the AI quarter final weekend but isn't that a bank holiday weekend? Would rule out most due to family commitments I would presume.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

It'd be hard to organise something as big for this year I reckon. Though I'm up for a game of golf any weekend ;) ;)

AZOffaly

I still reckon my Solo from County A to County B for a championship match, finishing at the ground would be the right job. e.g. Solo relay from Mullingar to Longford if Longford were at home to Westmeath. Probably on a qualifer game on a Saturday evening.

Relay solo, with sponsorship cards and buckets on the route.

Person who raises the most money finishes the solo run.

See if we could get the lads in Pearse Park to allow us to finish the solo with the last lad scoring a goal on the pitch.

Session in Longford that night.

magpie seanie

I'd love to help out again with whatever is decided but might not have a lot of free time to give it.

Would the All-Ireland weekend be a runner for something?

AZOffaly

I'd say next year. Start organising in the autumn and give it a good rattle.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2012, 05:04:38 PM
I'd say next year. Start organising in the autumn and give it a good rattle.

Sometime next April would be good, I'd make shure to have a few of the 3 in a row team down :P

Dinny Breen

If I was to make a couple of suggestions, run it on one day only with 36 teams and a shot gun start around 1pm. Dinner at 7 and then maybe a Q&A style format with some modern managers/players and some legends and get someone like the boys from Off the Ball to host it.
#newbridgeornowhere