Cormac Trust & Pieta House Golf Classic.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 23, 2011, 01:18:54 PM
Yes, AZ, give me a ring around Friday and we will go on a session.  Do you think we have enough to hire an Emerald Star Line Cruiser for a week? Shur if we only got from Banagher to Garrykennedy we would be grand.

I forgot to mention that after the raffle was over a lady came up to me and gave another 100 euro and said she didn't want to be in the raffle, just to put it in the fund.

As you say yerself, there are a good old bunch on the board.

Give me a ring when you have all and I will give you what I have, the funds should be presented from GAABOARD.COM if we want to continue next year.

Will do Bud. I'm up in Belfast this weekend for our reunion thing, so I want to get rid of this cash :D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Declan on May 23, 2011, 10:22:47 AM
Haven't been around for a few days but nice pics Croi. Jaysus me ol swing looks semi decent!!!

You should have seen it before I got the aul photoshop cracking on it, head angled towards the clouds, both feet off the ground...  :P

As one of the muckers who tore up both courses I think the people who made this event a success (apart from Bud & his organising commitae obviously) were those clubs/individuals who sponsored holes. Over a grand is some total for charity, well done to all. There's nothing like the GAA for pulling together.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the money situation, because I know how frustrating it can be to wait for a cheque to clear your account, and I hate to piss people off when they have been so generous.

I have collected all bar one cheque at this stage, and I'm sending all monies I have to Bud today. For those of you who sent me cash, I am converting that money into Bank Draft for safe keeping, and I am sending all cheques to Bud via courier today. Bud will then add his monies to get the grand total, and divide by two to make sure each charity gets the same, approx €1500 each.

All cheques and drafts are made out to either Pieta House or The Cormac Trust. The total of what I am sending up is €1,435, which is a combination of the hole sponsorship, Kerry Mike's photo proceeds, and Magpie Seanie's friends supplemental gift of €75. For those of you doing maths, I'm waiting for one hole sponsorship cheque of €50 and Lynchbhoy's hole sponsorship is already up with Bud.

Thanks again for your your great generosity, and your patience in waiting for these to clear. I'm away for 2 weeks on holidays from Monday, but Bud is hoping to get this money to Pieta House and The Cormac Trust next week, so please bear with us just a small while longer.

Thanks a million
Shane (AZ)

Bud Wiser

Good man AZ, send on as much as you can, Im almost down to drinking parrafin oil.

I still have some cheques from generous souls like FOSB  and lynchboy that were not cashed yet.  This should all be wrapped up this week so to everyone thanks again.  Mention of FOSB reminds me to say again how generous the GPA were in providing two tickets, meals and accommodation for the GPA Gala night and Team of The Year signed jerseys, and then, when we got stuck for funding/sponsorship for prizes they stepped in again and offered the same again x 4 for the winning team.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

AZOffaly

'Tis gone off Bud. You can expect a DHL van, flanked by the Irish Army and the Gardai special branch arriving there tomorrow.

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 02, 2011, 10:21:38 AM
Good man AZ, send on as much as you can, Im almost down to drinking parrafin oil.

I still have some cheques from generous souls like FOSB  and lynchboy that were not cashed yet.  This should all be wrapped up this week so to everyone thanks again.  Mention of FOSB reminds me to say again how generous the GPA were in providing two tickets, meals and accommodation for the GPA Gala night and Team of The Year signed jerseys, and then, when we got stuck for funding/sponsorship for prizes they stepped in again and offered the same again x 4 for the winning team.

Any chance of getting me a couple of tickets for that GPA gig ??  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 02, 2011, 10:21:38 AM
Mention of FOSB reminds me to say again how generous the GPA were in providing...

:D Good man Bud  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kerry Mike

Well done AZ and Bud for closing this out.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bud Wiser

This is hard to believe but I still have three grand locked away safely. Reason??  Conal has contacted Pieta House on a few occasions asking for them to collect the money or provide us with a means of transferring it and as of today they still have not done so?

Got an email from Bridget McAnallen saying she would find out a bank account number and mail me the details but once again we still have not received those.  Anyone of the Tyrone lads able to help me here?

Might get additional sponsorship for the Longest Running Golf Classic in the World from Guinness Book of Records yet.  Thanks to everyone again.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Last and final words on this event.  Apologies to anyone who had written cheques and the delay in those cheques being cashed. Unfortunately I did not receive the bank details for Cormac Trust until Monday, but in saying that, there was a learning curve to go through and my mistake was not having these type of things ready BEFORE the event. We live and learn.

All monies have been transferred today. If anyone wants to make donations to Cormac Trust Fund they may do so diirectly at any time to Allied Irish Group, Ac # 38070004 Sort 93-89-98.

Sorry for the delay and the mess and thanks to everyone again.

Denn Forever

Cheque cashed yesterday.

Who sends the invite to Rory?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 15, 2011, 11:56:05 AM
Last and final words on this event.  Apologies to anyone who had written cheques and the delay in those cheques being cashed. Unfortunately I did not receive the bank details for Cormac Trust until Monday, but in saying that, there was a learning curve to go through and my mistake was not having these type of things ready BEFORE the event. We live and learn.

All monies have been transferred today. If anyone wants to make donations to Cormac Trust Fund they may do so diirectly at any time to Allied Irish Group, Ac # 38070004 Sort 93-89-98.

Sorry for the delay and the mess and thanks to everyone again.

Fair play Bud. Got there in the end :)

magpie seanie

Well done lads. Can't wait for next year!

Bud Wiser

Nightmare, down in the bank last week, Cormac Trust sent bank details, between the hoops and the loops,sterling, euro etc, etc, got it done.
Lyncheboy is still owed vouchers for Ivy House that I will send but I am sure he will understand I got caught up in a moment of time with Laois hurling and an important game we had against Cork.

Denn Forever

Just have watched The Secret Millionaire where the Millionaire gave money to Pieta house.  Showed how it worked. 

Fair play to Bud et al who organised the Golf Classic.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...