Club Membership Costs

Started by agorm, January 20, 2011, 07:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agorm

I would be interested in knowing the costs of club membership of variou clubs.
What is an adult playing non playing? What is a family? Is there a reduction for unwaged? What are juveniles? Is there a difference between boy and girls due to the different levies within ladies GAA?

Thank in advance.

clareman

€100 playing adult
€70 non playing adult
€50 child
€100 family

brokencrossbar1

Crossmaglen Rangers

Family £30;
Adult £20;
Student or
Senior Citizen £5

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 20, 2011, 09:25:53 AM
Crossmaglen Rangers

Family £30;
Adult £20;
Student or
Senior Citizen £5

not 100 % sure, but i think ours is something very similar
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

That one thing that amazed me was the differential between membership north and south.  I was involved in a junior club in cork and the family membership was €150 and the individual was €100.  The lifted around €5-6k every year on membership.  Cross I reckon have aroun 700 members on average so if they took the same approach they would be well in the money.  I wonder what the membership for a similar sized club would look like in say Meath?

Canalman

Ours here in Dublin is E90 I think for adult players. Sensational value for the price imo.

mackers

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 20, 2011, 10:02:58 AM
That one thing that amazed me was the differential between membership north and south.  I was involved in a junior club in cork and the family membership was €150 and the individual was €100.  The lifted around €5-6k every year on membership.  Cross I reckon have aroun 700 members on average so if they took the same approach they would be well in the money.  I wonder what the membership for a similar sized club would look like in say Meath?
It would create a huge drop in membership for Cross, or any other club that charges £20 per member, if they were to increase the membership cost to £100.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

mick999

South Dublin club.

Family €180 + €150 Development levy + Registration fee €85 (1 kid) €120 (2 kids) €150 (3 kids)
Non playing adult €135 + €75 Dev. levy
Playing adult €135 + €75 Dev. levy + €100 player contibution
Junior  (U21) €115 + €75 Dev levy + €100
Children (If not family members) 1 - €155 + €75 Dev. levy. 2 - €250 + €75. 3 - €300 + €75

All members get €25 voucher back against club gear ..

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: mackers on January 20, 2011, 10:34:15 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 20, 2011, 10:02:58 AM
It would create a huge drop in membership for Cross, or any other club that charges £20 per member, if they were to increase the membership cost to £100.

I know it would, that's not what I am considering.  I am looking at the like of a south dublin club as detailed by mick999.  Can you imagine the revenue generated by that club if the had 700 members?  Even if you look at €100 per member to allow for family deals etc you are looking at generating huge sums on membership alone. 

clareman

What are ye're insurance and affiliation costs then to county board up the north?

We are a hurling only club with 2 adult teams and 1 juvenile team at each age group and we pay county board nearly 6k per annum...

illdecide

I can't believe what some of the clubs charge their members for membership, our club is only £10 per year and it's still a nightmare trying to get it of some lads. When you think about it a guy playing senior football for his club only has to pay £10 a year and thats his membership and GAA insurnace cover for a year, it's basically free FFS and some the we feckers still complain. If they were playing for other clubs they'd soon get a reality check
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

agorm

Thanks guys,
Ours last year was €80 adult, €130 family, €30 Juvenile.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 20, 2011, 09:25:53 AM
Crossmaglen Rangers

Family £30;
Adult £20;
Student or
Senior Citizen £5

Ours is identical bar the fact that we charge £10 for students.

We've also launched a patrons scheme called "Cairde Naomh Padraig" whereby people sign up to a direct debit of £20 a month to support the club and are provided with free membership, a specially commissioned jacket and some other perks.

I don't thinkt he insurance and affliation costs are that different between North and South. The money paid over to the county board each year is huge.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead