Red or Dead?

Started by Tony Baloney, January 16, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any using or seriously considering using red diesel in the near future?

Currently on the red.
6 (13.3%)
Considering it if the prices keep rising.
14 (31.1%)
Law abiding citizen.
25 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Tony Baloney

Paid £1.40/litre for diesel this morning. This thread http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7424.0 from April 2008 was yapping about diesel at £1.14 and economists reckon we'll be paying in the region of £1.58 by end of the year.

Is there anyone seriously considering fillin up on red? Are the Customs boys more noticeable now that fuel is so expensive?

The Worker

can ya get red petrol? if so im aboard.

sammymaguire

That fine is not worth the risk for me.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 09:43:27 PM
The brother in law used to always say he's been on it so long he's saved more than any fine. I'm the type to get caught first run out!

DennistheMenace

What is the fine? I'm really thinking about it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 16, 2011, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 09:43:27 PM
The brother in law used to always say he's been on it so long he's saved more than any fine. I'm the type too get caught first run out!
Oh me too! 

I just got a bike!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 16, 2011, 09:50:21 PM
500 quid I think. You wouldn't be long saving that amount if you were doing serious miles. The rise in prices will undoubtedly see a rise in the presence of dippers though.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 16, 2011, 10:02:51 PM
500 quid I think. You wouldn't be long saving that amount if you were doing serious miles. The rise in prices will undoubtedly see a rise in the presence of dippers though.

You see anyone I ask always says £500 'I think', I'd want to know for sure before I started using it

My point is surely the above amount isn't much of a deterrent because as you say you would make that money up in no time if you done big miles.

sammymaguire

I think it's a grand if you get caught down south and they take the motor til you pay up
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

My wife has been driving a diesel car for a while never used it. I have just bought a diesel and I'm seriously considering it. £1.31 locally and its real madness why we (motorists) continue to pay it!!

Was talking to a lad who has two tanks in one, one with all red that runs the car and the other (where the dipper goes) with ordinary!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 16, 2011, 10:05:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 16, 2011, 10:02:51 PM

You see anyone I ask always says £500 'I think', I'd want to know for sure before I started using it

My point is surely the above amount isn't much of a deterrent because as you say you would make that money up in no time if you done big miles.
It's 500 plus loss of revenue for fuel in your tank for a first offence.

MR the auld fake tank was a favourite of hauliers for years apparently. Have to feel for haulage firms as the fuel prices must be slaughtering them.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 16, 2011, 10:19:13 PM
It was bang on £500 in may when i got done for it

Where did you get done for it? Did they take the car off you until you paid? Do you think you saved £500 by using RD?

The Worker

Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 16, 2011, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 16, 2011, 10:19:13 PM
It was bang on £500 in may when i got done for it

Where did you get done for it? Did they take the car off you until you paid? Do you think you saved £500 by using RD?

Whats the fine if you get caught again?

Milltown Row2

I've never seen the dippers before, Do they normally have a spot where they hang about? £500 is a bit steep so it's a good deterrent in my book.

How much for the red stuff anyway?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea