Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

He'd be perfect for GBNews.

NAG1

I'd say that will be his next employer for sure!

armaghniac

Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2023, 01:28:00 PM
Problem for him now is that the Anti - BBC media across the water have now got a hold of this, with him being rather high profile on 5 Live as well.

This no longer is a local spat that can be ignored for the BBC, so I would expect more and more to come out over the next few days.

A lot of people in Britain will be wondering who is this guy who is the 5th highest paid in the BBC and they have never heard of him, other than these articles about sending pictures of cocks.
If you work for a public body and get paid hundreds of thousands then you do have to maintain a certain demeanour.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: general_lee on August 16, 2023, 02:51:46 PM
He'd be perfect for GBNews.

Exactly. Out of some bizarre need for self inflicting pain(*) I would listen to GB News and Talk Radio both of which fill the air with right wing propaganda and blame everything on lefty lawyers. They believe that Trump is innocent and that Liz Truss was right and just needed more time.

* I also follow Armagh.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eire90

is he a right winger

Eire90

if nolan goes will they shift crawley to mornings and bring someone in for talkback or will they replace nolan with another shock jock

Eire90

There only so much things you can talk about in northern ireland anyway before it turns into repetitive and boring you can only talk about Stormont so many times.

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on August 17, 2023, 09:06:00 AM
if nolan goes will they shift crawley to mornings and bring someone in for talkback or will they replace nolan with another shock jock

Hugo Duncan?

imtommygunn

Be surprised if he goes.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2023, 09:18:44 AM
Be surprised if he goes.

If this was entirely a BBC NI issue then yes I'd have agreed, but with the UK media reporting on it then I think Adam Smith has quite a bit of explaining to do on the back of the Huw Edwards saga.

Eire90

turned on nolan there just to see what they were talking about they were talking about troubles so i turned it back off after 2 seconds what a bore.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on August 17, 2023, 09:27:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2023, 09:18:44 AM
Be surprised if he goes.

If this was entirely a BBC NI issue then yes I'd have agreed, but with the UK media reporting on it then I think Adam Smith has quite a bit of explaining to do on the back of the Huw Edwards saga.

I hope you're right. If he were to go then hopefully it would be the end of binlid. Been a long time coming.

balladmaker

Nolan show needs to go ... we've no need for a platform to give a voice to every bin lid in the country.

Armamike

Needs to go.  Every show and presenter has a cycle, and he's had 20 years.  Just the same old repetitive shite with a platform for extremists and mindless morons who contribute nothing.  Can't see anything positive he's adding to this place.  His tv show is cringeworthy.  Wonder what people from outside of here would make of it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Sportacus

Quote from: Armamike on August 17, 2023, 02:33:13 PM
Needs to go.  Every show and presenter has a cycle, and he's had 20 years.  Just the same old repetitive shite with a platform for extremists and mindless morons who contribute nothing.  Can't see anything positive he's adding to this place.  His tv show is cringeworthy.  Wonder what people from outside of here would make of it.
I must admit I do listen to the radio show every now again if he's putting his finger on some bullshit inefficiency in government which we are masters at. But the tv show is literally the pits - wouldn't watch ten seconds of it.