Ballybunion for hols?

Started by bennydorano, January 12, 2011, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Anyone ever been on holiday in Ballybunion, recommend it??  Been on holidays to every county I intend to go to apart from Kerry, looking that direction this year. 

sammymaguire

Yeah go, but pick a sunny week  ;) and take in a round of golf
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bennydorano

Aye, I've basically avoided the west coast for hols this past 7/8 years because of previous experience with the weather. Is there much 4 kids sammy,  amusements?

sammymaguire

Not a massive pile in Ballybunion itself but the Kerry region is somewhere the whole family would never forget
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bcarrier

comethekingdom

A day outside of the Kingdom is a day wasted!!

bennydorano

Been to Tralee & Kil with the football, lookinv something simple, good beach and stuff for the kids, particularly amusementy type things

lurganblue

I remember going to ballybunion as a child myself. I honestly don't remember too many amusements. I do remember the wee trips from there to Killarney, the ring of Kerry, the gap of dunloe, muckross house.

Great holiday

bcarrier

BallyB has probably got the best beach in Ireland but its a funny enough town. They had this Monday night madness thing there and had a big enough teenage drinking thing going on . Also heard reports that some of the less desirable Limerick elements seem to head there at the weekend . Amusements there arent great and will clean you out.

Hardy

Quote from: lurganblue on January 13, 2011, 07:50:01 AM
I remember going to ballybunion as a child myself.

I tried that too but I was thrown out of the amusements.

lurganblue

Quote from: Hardy on January 13, 2011, 10:44:52 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 13, 2011, 07:50:01 AM
I remember going to ballybunion as a child myself.

I tried that too but I was thrown out of the amusements.

even with a fake i.d. and belfast moustache?

bennydorano

Quote from: bcarrier on January 13, 2011, 10:25:32 AM
BallyB has probably got the best beach in Ireland but its a funny enough town. They had this Monday night madness thing there and had a big enough teenage drinking thing going on . Also heard reports that some of the less desirable Limerick elements seem to head there at the weekend . Amusements there arent great and will clean you out.
The  limerick factor crossed my mind, we stayed in Kilkee, Co Clare before & i felt a bit of  a sc**bag vibe at times there. Bettystown in Meath is headin the same way.

Might just go back to Youghal, great hol there last year.

Bingo

Check out banna beach hotel over. It's outside village of ardfert not far from Tralee. Great spot and a good base for exploring Kerry which is a great county for holidaying.

Tony Baloney

Have southern hoteliers and restaurateurs copped on to the recession yet and lowered their prices accordingly?

comethekingdom

Of course ! giving the rooms away at the minute!In fairness there's great value to be had at present.