Rory Gallagher joins Donegal managment team for 2011

Started by Joxer, January 05, 2011, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

liihb

Gallagher definitely went to Sligo IT, won a Sigerson with them under Martin McHugh. Now he went there, thats not saying he attended any classes, tho I could be wrong about that
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

ck

Quote from: Tubberman on January 06, 2011, 12:37:55 PM
Quote from: ck on January 06, 2011, 12:35:04 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2011, 09:21:21 AM
Didn't Gallagher,McGuinness go to the same college played for the same team etc..?

No they didnt. McGuinness went to college as a mature student, Tralee then UUJ. Gallagher never went to college.

Bit of a traveller yourself aren't you ck!?  :D ;)

Sure am! Born in "The Mana", grew up in Letterkenny and played for the Gaels. Now living in Sligo but not playing, just underage coaching. Unlike Gallagher I didnt ditch my home club at the first opportunity.  :P He must get bored easily.
Donegal, Fermanagh and Easkey!

Caitlin

Quote from: ck on January 06, 2011, 01:12:25 PM
Didn't Gallagher,McGuinness go to the same college played for the same team etc..?

No they didnt. McGuinness went to college as a mature student, Tralee then UUJ. Gallagher never went to college.

Sure am! Born in "The Mana", grew up in Letterkenny and played for the Gaels. Now living in Sligo but not playing, just underage coaching. Unlike Gallagher I didnt ditch my home club at the first opportunity.  :P He must get bored easily.

I smell a rat here ;
1.Anyone who knows anything about GAA knows that Rory Gallagher not only attended Sligo IT but won TWO Sigerson medals with them.
2.In all my years living with Fermanagh people at college I have never, ever, heard Fermanagh being called 'The Mana'.
3.Tell us more about the career with Letterkenny Gaels ?

ck

Quote from: Caitlin on January 06, 2011, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: ck on January 06, 2011, 01:12:25 PM

I smell a rat here ;
1.Anyone who knows anything about GAA knows that Rory Gallagher not only attended Sligo IT but won TWO Sigerson medals with them.
2.In all my years living with Fermanagh people at college I have never, ever, heard Fermanagh being called 'The Mana'.
3.Tell us more about the career with Letterkenny Gaels ?

No rats, just the odd mouse. Your housemates are clearly not from Derrygonnelly. I'm a sunshine supporter, not a real mana man.
Don't need to justify my club career. to you or anyone. I was one of the few St.Eunans rejects.

You are right, of course Gallagher won Sigersons, my sarcasm was too much for you. He was at St.Micks a few years after me.
He is an excellent recruit for Donegal.

Tony Baloney

ck

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Has Jim McGuinness ever had a real job?

Now there is a question and a half. Don't know for sure but don't think he has. Last I heard was that he was taking various teams for psychology aspects and was charging an arm and a leg. Now runs his own team training/motivation company in Letterkenny.

SuperHans

aye Jim was teaching at Limavady Tech for a few years.some sort of sport science/ PE course

Joxer

Quote from: ck on January 06, 2011, 11:34:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Has Jim McGuinness ever had a real job?

Now there is a question and a half. Don't know for sure but don't think he has. Last I heard was that he was taking various teams for psychology aspects and was charging an arm and a leg. Now runs his own team training/motivation company in Letterkenny.

http://achieveconsultancy.com/index.html

ck

Yeah he's based in Letterkenny. Fair play to him. Looks innovative.