Unemployed & Benefits

Started by illdecide, January 04, 2011, 12:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 28, 2011, 06:25:07 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 28, 2011, 04:45:57 PM
Come 5.00pm I will be out of work since I left college 10 yrs ago. No Job lined up yet and its not lookin good out there. Life is a bitch.

Hope something works out for u soon.

Sorry to hear that Hereaim, thats a tough break. Hopefully you fill find yourself back on your feet as soon as possible. Don't let yourself get as bitter as I think I have got. I hope you have other options open to you. Best of luck.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

FL/MAYO

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1088599

I watched this show the other day, so sad, it reminded me of the bad old days of the mid 80s when I left. I can't believe it had gotten this bad again. They should show this the night before the election just to remind people what the government has done to the country.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 28, 2011, 07:19:20 PM

I watched this show the other day, so sad, it reminded me of the bad old days of the mid 80s when I left. I can't believe it had gotten this bad again. They should show this the night before the election just to remind people what the government has done to the country.

Just watching it now, very sad. Ricky Martin should be tied to a seat and forced to watch this over and over, he was part of this, the cause of this.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mannix

i just watched a bit of it, I left 18 years ago but was a young fella and it suited me, i wanted to go, all I can say from my experience is go and enjoy your life.

armaghniac

This documentary is rather morose in its tone. Many people have problems getting jobs, others do not. I was speaking to a friend of mine whose company is having to outsource its IT work to India as they cannot get suitable people and those they do get move on to other jobs quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Got my 1 month's notice on Friday in work so unless i get work in the next 4 weeks it will be the first time in 20 years I'll be out of work...FFS i don't even know where the local DHSS office is. As much as i knew to expect this and certainly knew it was only a matter of time before i was told, the news on Friday hit me hard...devastated.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Banana Man

heard over the weekend that if you can get a haulage firm to sign a letter saying the can get you a job if you had the 'big licence' then the brew will pay for the cost of going through the test...

illdecide

Last day in work today, unshaven and wearing jeans and jumper. weird feeling sitting here
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

NAG1

Good Luck illdecide, there but for the grace of god go alot of us!

Hope something turns up for you.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2011, 10:08:55 AM
Last day in work today, unshaven and wearing jeans and jumper. weird feeling sitting here

know where yer comin from chap; got the flick a number of years ago when i tried dublin for a wee while;
the whole firm knew it was coming, but when you finally get the news its not nice, a blow to the old confidence even tho it aint no fault of your own;

good luck in getting sorted chap; try to keep positive,