Queen of England has a new baby!

Started by Orior, December 29, 2010, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2010, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 29, 2010, 06:26:18 PM
Of the gay couples that I've spoken to about this, they also think it is outrageous.

Honestly, how many gay couples did you ask?

Okay, okay, I spoke to two couples about it. Not very representative.

In answer to Puckoon, I'm not entirely sure why gay couples have a 'right' to purchase have children. Yes, they probably turn out better fathers than the average male/female couple, but why have they a 'right'?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Ok - semantic it up. Gay men and women have the same (insert) "whateveritisushetrosexualpeoplehave" to have children as the rest of us.

Some may view it as a right, some may view it as a priviledge. Either way, whatever we have, they should have.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on December 29, 2010, 07:21:47 PM
Ok - semantic it up. Gay men and women have the same (insert) "whateveritisushetrosexualpeoplehave" to have children as the rest of us.

Some may view it as a right, some may view it as a priviledge. Either way, whatever we have, they should have.

GAY LOVER
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 29, 2010, 07:27:30 PM

GAY LOVER

Sounds like a corner forward from Roscommon.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

The Iceman

Why is that Puck? Why do gay people deserve whatever hetrosexual people have?
There is such a thing as positive discrimination.

Definitely don't agree with your live and let live mentality.  Surely you draw the line somewhere???

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Why do they not? They're the same human beings as you and me.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on December 29, 2010, 07:47:46 PM
That isn't really answering my question....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Real Laoislad

Apart from the gayness disease they have
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

plenty of great conversation in here I see

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Think this was his latest Wembly concert.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on December 29, 2010, 07:57:28 PM
That isn't really answering my question....

Answers your question perfectly. They are the same as you and me, in my opinion, and therefore should not be excluded from parenthood, voting, marriage, owning a toyota corolla, listening to the scissor sisters, nor anything else. A society who see a reason to sterilize any man or woman who commits a felonous crime and thus allowing criminals to breed, but has a problem with a gay man being a father, or a gay woman being a mother?

How does it not answer your question?

Furthermore - can point me to one other human being who has the right to tell homosexuals that they cannot have children?

So again - Why should they not be allowed to have a child - and which humans in your opinon are entitled to tell them that they cannot? You? Orior? The 2 year old from Laois?

The Real Laoislad

Come on Puck.........owning a Toyota Corolla.....I'd rather be GAY
You'll Never Walk Alone.

andoireabu

Quote from: The Iceman on December 29, 2010, 07:46:35 PM
Why is that Puck? 1.Why do gay people deserve whatever hetrosexual people have?
2.There is such a thing as positive discrimination.

Definitely don't agree with your live and let live mentality.  Surely you draw the line somewhere???
1. Why do they not deserve the same things as heterosexual people?
2. In what way can discrimination ever be positive? Example?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

The Iceman

Quote from: andoireabu on December 29, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on December 29, 2010, 07:46:35 PM
Why is that Puck? 1.Why do gay people deserve whatever hetrosexual people have?
2.There is such a thing as positive discrimination.

1. Why do they not deserve the same things as heterosexual people?
2. In what way can discrimination ever be positive? Example?

2. Women are not allowed in Men's changing rooms. Positive discrimination. Easy example. Hope you understand.

1. I don't believe Gay people should be "married".  For one it weakens the meaning of marriage. Which in turn will lead to further divorce or broken marriage, which in turn leads to the suffering of children and society in general.
Divorce and broken home definitely affects children. This in turn affects society in general. The Divorce rate sky rocketed when divorce was legalized. This legalization caused a weakening of the meaning of marriage. Allowing gay people to marry will further weaken the term and therefore lead to more broken homes.
Looking at different studies it might be safe to say that gay men especially are less likely to be faithful. In fact 5% of gay men in "unions" claim to be faithful to their "partners" surely this does not bode well for any children being brought up in this environment.
Of course there are exceptions on both sides. There are bad hetrosexual parents and people who don't deserve to be parents but that isn't the discussion. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Puck you talk about criminals not being allowed to father children or raise children. Homosexuality is still illegal in over 70 countries on the planet - that's over a 3rd of the world. Please don't consider this my sole argument and run with it - I am only responding to one of your points.

Yes this is all very controversial, yes these are real people we are talking about and yes emotions get involved. But we're talking about right and wrong here. For me that can't be diluted.