Dublin League Games All In Croke Park

Started by Redhand Santa, December 22, 2010, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: Zulu on December 22, 2010, 03:10:28 PM
It's been proved already that the GAA can get 80,000 for league games in CP and with the ticket package is practically giving seats away I see know reason why an average of 40,000 isn't achievable. I'd be very surprised if this falls flat on its face and I expect it to be a massive success. The poor crowds at some of the championship was on the back of some poor results, this league will be played on the back of Dublin's best championship in a long time, as long as the results are pretty good I think the crowds will be excellent.

We will see.

But the point I am getting at is that if it is a success the GAA centrally reap the financial benefits, if its a flop, the DCB carry the can.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heffo on December 22, 2010, 04:12:50 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 22, 2010, 03:34:53 PM
Dublin's drug dealers will be delighted

Well you play golf with half of them in that public golf course of yours so you would know

Drug dealing in Dublin is a lucrative business I'd say,so I'd imagine them boys would play in a more high class course than my "public" course.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

heffo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 22, 2010, 04:30:33 PM

Well you play golf with half of them in that public golf course of yours so you would know

Drug dealing in Dublin is a lucrative business I'd say,so I'd imagine them boys would play in a more high class course than my "public" course.

Again I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge/morbid obsession on the issue

Maguire01

Does this mean the Dubs won't have any 'home' games?!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heffo on December 22, 2010, 05:56:18 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 22, 2010, 04:30:33 PM

Again I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge/morbid obsession on the issue

Ah I only get to play Golf twice a month its hardly a morbid obsession...... :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Aaron Boone

Croker inspires all teams, not just the Dubs. Hill 16 may not even be open.

applemad

In my opinion, it is an excellent idea.

It should make playing the dubs in the league an experience for all fans, not only dulin fans. I also think it will help lift the profile of the league with all the promotion that will be done. Crowds of around 30000 would be a huge achievement.

It also is an excellent avenue for gilroy to blood some new talent, in a much more realistic situation. All in all the DCB and the team should really benefit.

I just hope all the dubs fans travel to the athletic grounds (or whatever it may be called then) for the game against Armagh. Should be a great game.

dublinfella

Quote from: applemad on December 24, 2010, 11:48:54 AM
Crowds of around 30000 would be a huge achievement.

But crowds like that could also be a huge loss financially for the DCB...

All depends on the deal the DCB were forced to take, and I'm not confident knowing their previous.

Mike Sheehy

This is great. We'll get to beat the Dubs in Croke park again..won't even have to wait till the summer.

Dubh driocht

Dublin team full tilt training at 7am on Tuesday 4th January on the Astro-turf at Clontarf Dart.They're clearly up for it but I am always a bit worried about teams giving it the message so early in the season.It's a marathon not a sprint and you need that aggressive cutting edge in the summer months. That said, fair play to the players and with the traffic problems they probably have to make these arrangements.Looking forward to Down's game in Croke on 2nd April and renewing friendships from the last time the two teams were in HQ on the same day  ;)

muppet

On Twitter:

GAA Breaking News: Conal Keaney has packed in football and will play hurling in 2011....news will break in today's Herald..
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2011, 01:37:52 PM
On Twitter:

GAA Breaking News: Conal Keaney has packed in football and will play hurling in 2011....news will break in today's Herald..

Worst kept secret for a long time - best of luck to him.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on January 06, 2011, 01:43:58 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2011, 01:37:52 PM
On Twitter:
Worst kept secret for a long time - best of luck to him.
surprised at that - based on what he told some friends about 18 months ago I didnt see this coming - would have thought he would have switched at that stage if at all !

Still I never thought he was really the right kind of player for dublin - or not utilised properly.
Dont think gilroy wants him either.
Still reckon the dubs will be very close to winning sam this year- though Darragh o'se reckoned on tg4 they wouldnt be candidates !

Dubh driocht

Hi Keith, I'll keep the exclusives coming for you and you keep writing good stuff in Sideline Cut.

drici

Croke Park
Saturday  February 19th

Dublin v Tipperary (Hurling)
5-15pm

Jedward
6-50pm

Dublin v Cork (Football)
7-30pm