Irish News drop in standards

Started by StGallsGAA, December 21, 2010, 10:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on December 23, 2010, 09:05:36 PM
Spot on. Tried to go in to that shop today but the children kept pulling me back. For some reason they were afraid of it.

Just at that very spot today two spides were knocking f**k out of each other.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2010, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 23, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
Archer's standard has plummeted since his latest venture took off:

Bow Street Mall, Lisburn?
Was about to say the very same thing! It must be a one-off.

maggie

Have to say I enjoy a bitta paddy heaney, plus he seems to respect tyrone and as a derryman, that's almost forbidden. While I am a sleaze, I do cringe at Ms Mc crorys man friday, they are usually boggin.....

isourboydownyet

dont buy it as much as i used to and when i do it's mostly just to read paddy heaney.fed up with crossan and antrim headlines,who the f**k cares if antrims sub keeper was dropped?and dont start me on his lazy journalism eg 2 page spread  on a upcoming derry monaghan game,crossan takes up a 1/4 of a page talking about joe diver and how he could be the difference in derry winning and losing and right underneath is derrys team for the match and diver isnt even on!!thats just one of many.

bennydorano

Today's excuse for a leading story really nails this argument ::)

It's still the standardbearer for NI doubt about that, the Newsletter is pretty much a joke of a newspaper, the telegraph can a bit all over the shop at times, a good edition followed by woeful.  thought the Healthservice expenses stories was bigtime overkill. Emerson is excellent, but 90% of his columns are about gutting the public sector, eh... we get it Newton, bit of variety plz. Still giving Jim Gibney a platform, what is that about, totally totally pointless drivel(only read Feeney & Garland).  The womens stuff has always appeared shite to me, I just assumed that maybe someone liked it as it wasn't aimed at me, but judging by the responses here, maybe not.

As for the sports, Heaney is the market leader IMO, young Corn is doing very well thou too.  Rarely read Crossan or rArcher, O'Hara is decent for the boxing, not the GAH.  The horseracing is still the worst coverage in the market, every year I return their survey saying it is brutal.  Worst price guides, least info and 'naps' that rarely are above evens.