University football

Started by ck, December 21, 2010, 10:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Anyone any idea who will win the Sigerson cup this year? I have heard that the Cork teams are strong as are UCD and Queen's.
Anyone any idea where the strong freshers are this year and who will win that. DIT won last year which was unusual.

GAA_Punter

DCU & UCC are the two best teams but they meet in the Quarter finals, So the winner of that match will surly win it , with DIT getting to the final.

Sigerson Cup 2011 Draw With Fixture Dates & Venues
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/12/08/sigerson-cup-2011-draw-with-fixture-dates/

laoisgaa

Not unusual for DIT to win the freshers, that was the second time in three years

Any craic

There's a few bits here on both UUJ and Queens, freshers and Sigerson. Niall McKenna from Tyrone talks about the Freshers last year and the Sigerson this year. http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Schools--Colleges

laoisgaa

Three games in three days over a weekend was the norm for both Sigerson and Fitzgibbon in the past but then it was reduced to a two-day weekend. It's only a once off for Sigerson this year because it is the centenary and they are celebrating 100 years.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: laoisgaa on December 22, 2010, 02:42:34 PM
Three games in three days over a weekend was the norm for both Sigerson and Fitzgibbon in the past but then it was reduced to a two-day weekend. It's only a once off for Sigerson this year because it is the centenary and they are celebrating 100 years.

I think it was the off-field "antics" that caused the reduction in the weekends. Fitzgibbon weekends used to be mental - from what little I can remember of them.

Gael85

DCU must be favourites to win the Sigerson with a full forward line of
David Kelly(Sligo),Michael Murphy(Donegal),&Donie Shine(Roscommon)

put-it-up-again

The Sigerson Cup promises to be a good event this year given its the 100th year anniversary. 3 games in 3 days in very, very tough so I don't think the best team will win it this year. I think it will be the college that has the best squad!

CIT and UUJ meet in the first round, that will be a cracker i'd say!

DIT have been one of the most competitive colleges at Fresher level in recent years along with DCU.

Won't go into the whole eligibility thing here right now! Really bugs me and want to stay in good form for the Christmas! Should be an u25 competition or something anyway