2011. What do you wish for?

Started by Bud Wiser, December 21, 2010, 01:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

I wish that the rest of Mayo will become at least 50% as cultured as Westport.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 22, 2010, 06:52:03 PM
I wish that the rest of Mayo will become at least 50% as cultured as Westport.

I wish PSTG would STFU.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bingo

I had early posted for health and happiness but got that wish re-enforced yesterday evening.

Just after christmas last year, 28th Dec a good ground of us where heading to the Farney Barney in Monaghan, the white collar boxing event. One of the lads didn't make it in, texted to say he was literally pissing blood and had to go to doctor. A few days later he underwent a massive operation to remove a huge tumour and he was in a bad way. He recovered well, obviously badly shock mentally and physically but it was positive.

Last week he was having a follow scan and spots was picked up on his liver. Following further tests they said they would be able to treat it and it was 50/50 but on Tuesday they told it it was too aggressive, he had concer of the hipbone, his bones are leaking calcium and they can treat it to slow it down only. It is probable that this will be his last christmas.

34 years old, with a young fella the same as my wee lad, 3 years old.

Knocked me for 6 yesterday evening when I got the call.

So for 2011, I wish Glen has a comfortable year as possible and he can enjoy what time he has ahead of him with his family as best he can considering what will be weighing him down.

muppet

1. Hardy Bucks to replace Brendan O'Connor on TV and the Indo.
2. Rubberbandits to read the News from now on (Sharon can stay).
3. Various bankers, politicians and developers to be put in stocks in every town.
4. Citizens permitted required by law to kick the holes of those in 3 above.
5. Mayo to become seriously competitive again.
6. Ziggy to get a woman.
7. Ireland to beat a Southern Hemisphere team in the rugby World Cup quarters or semis.
MWWSI 2017