Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 21, 2010, 10:02:13 PM
Galvin is a great player, when he puts his mind 100% to playing the game. He cant complain about getting banned for some of the things he has got up to the field of play. He could learn from Tohill!
That sums it up perfectly Leaveherinsir.

paco

When is this documentary being aired?

Chris agus Snoop

I think Tohill has 5 allstars and Galvin has 3

In my opinion Galvin is most overrated player of modern times, I would rate 4 or 5 kerry
players ahead of him.

Noel o' Leary always had him in his pocket, he was influential in the Cork games this year
because of the crazy management decision to put Kissane on him.

nrico2006

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on December 23, 2010, 01:56:05 PM

In my opinion Galvin is most overrated player of modern times, I would rate 4 or 5 kerry
players ahead of him.

Noel o' Leary always had him in his pocket, he was influential in the Cork games this year

You are spot on there, definitely overrated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

He is a player Kerry struggle without because they don't have any other players like him. He'll win dirty ball and he'll get in the faces of opponents. They don't have too many like that.

He won't go down as a great but he's definitely a very very good player. As an individual he is not spectacular but in a team game he fits in very well. The cork games this year, no matter what anyone says about who was marking him, show how vital he was to Kerry.

It's like Brian Dooher. Brian Dooher, and I'm sure he'd tell you this himself, is not the most gifted player to come out of Tyrone however in the scheme of things I think he's probably the most important.

I always thought as well (though it can never be proven / disproven) that if Galvin was fit in 2008 Kerry would have beat Tyrone.

orangeman

We're going nowhere trying to compare Tohill to Galvin and vice versa. How many all stars might or might not dictate that Tohill was a better or more influential player. The greater number of Celtic crosses won by Galvin may or may not show that Galvin was a better player than Tohill.

Either way, neither comparison reveals all the answers.

Tohill was brilliant over a long period of time and never over rated.

Galvin likewise is a class and act in my opinion his value to the team has never been over rated. But that's just my opinion.

Brian Dooher will go down as one of the game's greats - so too will Galvin, againm in my humble opinion.

laoisgaa

Galvinised
Tuesday 28 December - 21:35 on RTE1

ONeill

One of the Antrim players who played against Kerry in the 2009 qualifiers said Galvin was unreal, the most talented gaelic footballer on the field in terms of handling skills, distribution and ability to retain possession. I saw him against Sligo before that and thought he was sublime. He's be the first name on the sheet for any team lucky to have him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Quote from: ONeill on December 23, 2010, 08:48:17 PM
One of the Antrim players who played against Kerry in the 2009 qualifiers said Galvin was unreal, the most talented gaelic footballer on the field in terms of handling skills, distribution and ability to retain possession. I saw him against Sligo before that and thought he was sublime. He's be the first name on the sheet for any team lucky to have him.

Aye...but you wouldnt want him ordering the club gear!!

The Aristocrat Years

winsamsoon

Galvin is a class act lads. Very rarely gives away possession, accurate with the ball and can take a score. He can also tackle back and his work rate is first class. So what if he seems a bit strange that's his own business. If he wants to have 300 pairs of shoes then good luck to him. Want he brings to the field of play outweighs all this shite. Sure he has done a lot of stupid things aswell but we all make mistakes. Met the lad once down in Tralee sat down with him and had a pint. I was rightly and throwing a bit of abuse at him about Armagh and he was having a laugh. We need more like him lads, will definetly make the game more exciting.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

tyroneman

Galvin in pure footballing terms is a rolls Royce player. Every county in Ireland, Tyrone, Cork, Dublin, Armagh included would love to have him in the starting 15.

What galls me however is that Kerry feel so hard done by now thier players get done by TV. Sure it was all a laugh when Ricey and the Tyrone players got the same treatment before that ......

Jinxy

How many pairs of shoes does Ricey have?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Don Johnson

Quote from: tyroneman on December 24, 2010, 08:56:31 AM
Galvin in pure footballing terms is a rolls Royce player. Every county in Ireland, Tyrone, Cork, Dublin, Armagh included would love to have him in the starting 15.

What galls me however is that Kerry feel so hard done by now thier players get done by TV. Sure it was all a laugh when Ricey and the Tyrone players got the same treatment before that ......

Why include Armagh with those other teams?

INDIANA

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on December 23, 2010, 01:56:05 PM

players ahead of him.

Garbage. I dont like Galvin I think he's a first rate tosser.

But as a Gaelic Footballer he is in the Dan Carter mode because he provides excellence in a position where excellence is rarely achieved in the modern game. 

Ask any manager- hardest line in any team to get right is the half forward line.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Jinxy on December 24, 2010, 11:36:51 AM
How many pairs of shoes does Ricey have?
one, a pair of hobnail boots for kickin people! ;)