Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblackareback

Whats peoples view on this guy? After seeing the Late Late show on Friday past he has confirmed my beliefs about him.

This is obviously a clear dig at Tohill and proper order too... This trial by tv has got to stop in my opinion.. Dont know why the Sunday Game persist in using Tohill anyway, he is so mundane and dreary its unreal.

Fair play to Galvin, a superb footballer who gets seriously unfair criticism.

RTE won't comment on Galvin criticism

Kerry's Paul Galvin
21 December 2010

RTE have refused to respond to criticism of 'The Sunday Game' by Kerry star Paul Galvin.

Galvin and Kerry team-mate Tomas O Se were handed retrospective bans by the CCCC last summer after incidents involving them were highlighted by the long-running GAA programme. The suspensions are still a sore point in Kerry where it is believed that 'The Sunday Game' panellists are having too much of an influence on disciplinary matters.

Speaking on 'The Late, Late Show' last Friday night, Galvin referred to RTE's flagship GAA programme as 'CSI: Sunday Game'. But when contacted yesterday, the national broadcaster refused to comment on the matter.

Galvin, who is the subject of documentary to be screened on RTE over the Christmas period, told presenter Ryan Tubridy: "CSI: Sunday Game I like to call it.

"Well it's more like CSI something, it just seems to be a crime scene investigation every weekend. I don't know what's going on there.

"I don't have any hang-up on the programme, I don't watch the show to be quite honest."

When asked if he respected the views of 'The Sunday Game' panellists, the 2009 Footballer of the Year said: "I don't necessarily need the lads sitting in the studio to tell me what's what with the game. There are certain guys there, (Dara) O Cinneide I played with. O Cinneide was my captain when I won my first All-Ireland - obviously I respect Dara.

"Colm O'Rourke - I was a big fan of the Meath team. I like my teams like that Meath team in the late '80s, they were manly. I respect O'Rourke.

"Pat Spillane is Pat Spillane - he's a Kerry man, one of the greatest players of all time."

SLIGONIAN

With all due respect redandblackareback, if he didnt do certain things it wouldnt be highlighted. He is the perpurtraitor thats given the media ammunicition every odd yr. This is in Galvins control completely. The thing that annoys me is he still looking outside himself and playing the victim for his own actions. Tohill isnt doing anything wrong pointing out his wrongdoings. Im a big fan of Galvin as a player but clearly he lacks the honesty with himself regarding these incidents. If he were honest with himself hed be blaming himself 100% not tohill.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BennyHarp

Ffs, not another Paul Galvin thread!!
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 21, 2010, 01:20:26 PM
With all due respect redandblackareback, if he didnt do certain things it wouldnt be highlighted. He is the perpurtraitor thats given the media ammunicition every odd yr. This is in Galvins control completely. The thing that annoys me is he still looking outside himself and playing the victim for his own actions. Tohill isnt doing anything wrong pointing out his wrongdoings. Im a big fan of Galvin as a player but clearly he lacks the honesty with himself regarding these incidents. If he were honest with himself hed be blaming himself 100% not tohill.
+1
And as for Tohill being 'mundane and dreary', did you watch the Late Late?

sawel

And with his pose in New York the wife reckons he's in Donal Og's club

Maguire01

Quote from: sawel on December 21, 2010, 03:15:52 PM
Cloyne?

ludermor

Quote from: sawel on December 21, 2010, 03:15:52 PM
i suppose the wife would have a lot of knowledge of such matters......being married to your goodself.

Donnellys Hollow

Not that it matters but Galvin has a girlfriend.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Great footballer, interesting lad.
Couldn't care less if he WAS gay but this craic of people calling him gay because he likes clothes is the sort of stuff you'd hear in a primary school playground.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 21, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

I heard she's a great looking girl too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2010, 04:42:24 PM
Great footballer, interesting lad.
Couldn't care less if he WAS gay but this craic of people calling him gay because he likes clothes is the sort of stuff you'd hear in a primary school playground.
It's pretty common in GAA circles. Any sense of style or male grooming and you're immediately 'a gay'.
I'm sure Galvin couldn't care less.

ziggysego

I heard all the banter on the board about this, since Friday night. Looked it up on YouTube last night. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. He's just taking a bit of pride in his appearance for goodness sake. That said, 80 pairs of shoes IS a bit on the extreme side.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 21, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

Michael Barrymore was married
You'll Never Walk Alone.

HiMucker

He is as queer as a bottle of chips if he has 80 pairs of shoes unless they are football boots.
Jinxy if you are involved with a fooball team then youd know the following

dinking WKD = GAY
dyed hair  = your gay
ear rings = gay
excessive hair gel = gay
leather bracelets = rampant homo
bag of toileteries at training = your askin for a bum
white boots = gay
shavin your chest = your gay

But given boys a big stingin slap on the ass and slaggin them about their genitals in the changin rooms is not gay.  Simples

Maguire01

I would have thought drinking WKD = spide, rather than gay.