GAAboard Engagement

Started by Kerry Mike, December 21, 2010, 10:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Congratulations and all that but Kerry and Monaghan, I was always told to stick to your own. I would be worried about the cross breeding implications. You should have waited for a second cousin to become available.

ross4life

Congrats man are we all invited?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

Well nobody from hereis invited but if we found out where it is on we could all crash it.

Oraisteach

Congrats to both of you.  From what part of the Baroney of Farney is she from, being born in Ballybay myself

For weeks now, the talk'll be about the beautiful ring of Kerry

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on December 21, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
Congratulations Kerry Mike. Like Sligonian I had you pegged for a very auld fella in around the same age has Hardy and Bud.

Maybe you're just an auld fella.  :)

He could be an auld boy getting engaged.
Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

Quote from: ziggysego on December 21, 2010, 07:30:08 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 21, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
Congratulations Kerry Mike. Like Sligonian I had you pegged for a very auld fella in around the same age has Hardy and Bud.

Maybe you're just an auld fella.  :)

He could be an auld boy getting engaged.

That'd explain why shes from monaghan too  :P

Congrats KM!!

heffo

Fair play Mike - congrats.

There is no end to the talents of Bud!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

maggie

Bud=the boards very own Cilla Black.

Congrats KM, nice to hear good news.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 21, 2010, 10:03:26 AM
I got engaged last weekend after coming back from NY, and I can link it directly to the intervention of one of the GAABoard's greats.

I got a couple of premium Hogan Stand tickets to a Kerry v Dublin match a few years ago from a GaaBoard legend and as a Kerry friend was unable to travel up for the game, I was out in Town on the night before the game as you do and I met this young Monaghan wan in a pub and she was obviously charmed enough by my Kerry accent.  Surprisingly she rang me the next morning to take up my very drunken offer the night before of a day out in the Premium in Croker.

And the rest as they say is history.

I still haven't converted her fully to the finer points of loving Paul Galvin or Tomas O'Se the way we do, I guess thats the Ulster blood in her, and she has even been known to support Tyrone on the very odd occasions we have met which would test any relationship, but she has taken to praising the Gooch and even Darragh recently so I knew the time was right to pop the question. So I wrapped the ring in both the Kerry and Monaghan Jerseys and down on my knee I went.

Thanks Tom Fennelly (Bud Wiser) for the great tickets and opening up a great opportunity that has changed my life, I owe you a few pints. As we say in Kerry, you're a sound f**king man.

If she was reared on Monaghan "football", she probably just thinks those two boyos have forgotten their tutus.

Congratulations to both of you. When's the stag?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

sammymaguire

Wedding in the Four Seasons next year?? Can't wait for that do!! Them Monaghan bucks will cut the shite out of a crowd of Kerrymen on the rip
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AZOffaly

Great stuff Mike. Congrats to ye both. Big session in the Butlers so?

Mac hinery

I never figured Bud to be a Cilla, I'd say this is more like Bud and Kerry Mike sizing up the Farney doll

Congratulations to you and your girl Kerry Mike.

gerrykeegan

Congrats Mike, it seems like only yesterday you were chasing eastern European women around like mad.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Pangurban

Congrats Mike, though i suspect your real motive is to improve the gene pool of Kerry football by bringing in some Ulster blood.. Hope you both have a long and happy life together