Hotmail Virus

Started by Puckoon, December 20, 2010, 10:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Folks,
I don't particularly use my hotmail account that much, except for non personal email like ordering stuff online, bill pay, forum membership etc. It appears to be infected with a virus that is sending emails around my contact list at a rate of knots. For this reason I dont particularly want to delete the account as it is kind of useful - but Ive no idea how to delete this virus.

Any ideas - or do I need to put the hotmail account to sleep?

tyrone girl

Puck same thing was happening mine just over a year ago until one day i went to try and log in and it said my password was incorrect and my secret question had been changed. Seemed to have been hacked and whoever or whatever was responsible for hacking was also responsible for all the emails being sent from it. Anyway i followed whatever procedure to say it was hacked into and had to provide them with a few details and they reset it for me and that was the end of the emails and that though urs could be a different case

mylestheslasher

The virus is on your pc, not in your hotmail account. First thing is to get anti virus program like avg, anti spyware like superantispyware and anti malmare like malwarebytes. Make sure definitions are up to date and do full scan with all 3. Also Google the virus description and you will prob find a note from Norton or McAfee telling you how to get rid.

rolloutking

Change your password and secret answer

ziggysego

So that's what you emailed me. I'm getting loads of them emails. I'm guessing you clicked on that link once.
Testing Accessibility

maggie

Its like one of those big red buttons with a 'Do Not Press' sign on it, part of you just wants to press it.

Geoff Tipps

Same happened to me a few months ago. Change you password.

Puckoon

They get smart - I avoided everything that looked like viral emails from lots of contacts - then one day they got me with an untitled email from an old friend in Belfast. I opened it, and it was just a link - but I didnt click the link.

About 2 days later my account started sending out spam.