What is a Pendant?

Started by Denn Forever, December 16, 2010, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Can anyone tell me what this is?  Is it a long necklace that could be worn out side a blouse/coat/top or is it just the hanging bauble/charm?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

Rois

It's just something hanging off a necklace or chain.  Not specifically a long one, but could be. 

muppet

It is a commodity that used to be considered semi-valuable only in Liverpool. It was worn out from a welcome point of view, it hung around near sidelines, was a pain in the neck and is considered less valuable than a Kuyt or a Babel. In other words it is worthless.
MWWSI 2017

passedit

Someone who picks minor grammer and speling mistakes up.
Don't Panic

Hardy

A preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.

passedit

Quote from: Hardy on December 16, 2010, 01:33:49 PM
A preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.

Pendant.  :)
Don't Panic

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 16, 2010, 12:30:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what this is?  Is it a long necklace that could be worn out side a blouse/coat/top or is it just the hanging bauble/charm?
yer obv going out with a Cavan lass Denn !
Feck they are like magpies - they love jewellery.
Im after buying a 19" gold chain for the missus as she has a 'pendant' that she got last year abroad but hasnt worn as she doesnt have a 'free chain' to put it on. She has a heap of pendants and loves them all.
Some ladies like long long chains and others go for the 18-19"  length that reaches down to just above the  cleavage.

Try googling or looking for costume jewellery - can get glitzy swanky looking stuff for a fraction of the price you would pay for
gold , silver etc.

there used to be a place in Cavan on the other side of the road from the new dunnes stores heading up to the cathedral end, some local girl made her own stuff. I know th eplace used to be thronged with girls looking at the stuff- so much so that I happily had to stand outside it rather than going in.

best of luck

Billys Boots

Is there something you're not telling us DF?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mannix

a pendant is a ceiling mounted electrical fitting with a short piece of .75 flex and a lampholder attached.

Puckoon

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Rois

Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2010, 03:09:18 PM
Its what the millies wear.

Away outta that, I have a lovely Thomas Sabo pendant I wear regularly and if you look on the Tiffany website you will find a pendant menu.