Christmas Wackiness!!

Started by BennyHarp, December 13, 2010, 10:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Is anyone else sick of people trying to be wacky and "festive" over the past few weeks? At my work i had a member of the senior management team come up to me asking me to be videoed singing part of a christmas carol. She is making a hilarious video of the different departments singing the twleve days of christmas to be shown on the last day at the christmas do!! I hate all this sh*te and refused saying that i wasn't interested. Does anyone else have to put up with this sort of crap?
That was never a square ball!!

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Orior

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 13, 2010, 10:31:50 AM
Is anyone else sick of people trying to be wacky and "festive" over the past few weeks? At my work i had a member of the senior management team come up to me asking me to be videoed singing part of a christmas carol. She is making a hilarious video of the different departments singing the twleve days of christmas to be shown on the last day at the christmas do!! I hate all this sh*te and refused saying that i wasn't interested. Does anyone else have to put up with this sort of crap?

My advice to you sir, is to smile, chill out, tell them you'd love to help, but you're too busy.

Also, can you tell us when you are happy?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

illdecide

I agree Benny, that shite is for Americans. f**k that, i would have chased her away too. Before you all start i love Christmas but just not into that crop
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyHarp

Quote from: Orior on December 13, 2010, 11:11:11 AM

My advice to you sir, is to smile, chill out, tell them you'd love to help, but you're too busy.

Im generally a happy person - when left alone and not forced to be "merry"!

EC Unique

whiskeysteve

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 13, 2010, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 13, 2010, 11:11:11 AM

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 13, 2010, 12:13:02 PM

Testing Accessibility

isourboydownyet

agree 100%,i cant stand these false smily people wearing santa hats and wishing everybody they pass a merry christmas,especially when most of these people would run over you rather than help you out when need be.
and before anyone says it im not a scrooge,i love christmas

whiskeysteve

Quote from: isourboydownyet on December 13, 2010, 01:48:31 PM

agree 100%,i cant stand these false smily people wearing santa hats and wishing everybody they pass a merry christmas,especially when most of these people would run over you rather than help you out when need be.

BennyHarp

Dont get me started on people wearing santa hats. Grown adults sat at their computer with a stupid hat on and they think they are being deadly craic altogether! Christmas zanyness is for people who dont have personalities during the rest of the year! I enjoy Christmas as much as anyone - i just dont need to wear a hat or sing a song to prove it.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 13, 2010, 02:23:43 PM

Dont get me started on people wearing santa hats. Grown adults sat at their computer with a stupid hat on and they think they are being deadly craic altogether! Christmas zanyness is for people who dont have personalities during the rest of the year! I enjoy Christmas as much as anyone - i just dont need to wear a hat or sing a song to prove it.

benny you know what we are starting to sound like?

BennyHarp

DirtyDozen12

That sounds very very very cringy and think you made a good mood just refusing to do it.  Nothing as hateful as being given a guilt trip though for something you dont want to do but feel you have to.....this is one of these cases but id rather seen to be a wet blanket than par-taking in something that sounds as cringy as what the senior manager is suggestiing!!!!!! 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!