Are Atheists the new outcasts?

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, December 11, 2010, 02:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Just wondering do people agree Atheists are the new group that the theists have a go at. Today at work one of my colleagues an Indian Catholic managed to get out of me that I was an Atheist. Suddenly I had 3 English Catholics, 2 English Protestants and Indian Catholic and a Bengali Muslim all joining forces to attack my views. One even asked did I worship the devil (Indian Catholic) she was supported in this question by ALL of the others. FCKN theists haven't an fckn clue, all I could think was Satan is a fckn FALSE GOD like ALL the REST of the your fckn Nimrods FALSE DEITIES.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

BennyHarp

What's an Indian Catholic? Sounds very exotic!
That was never a square ball!!

Mike Sheehy

tut,tut...you missed a golden opportunity...all you had to to was ask them which god is the true god and just watch them turn on each other.

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 11, 2010, 02:48:20 AM
Just wondering do people agree Atheists are the new group that the theists have a go at.

Whereas before, theists would never have a go at atheists

Arthur_Friend

Athiesm requires faith also and in that regards is similar to Religion. In the absence of proof of a God or otherwise, Agnosticism is really the only rational stance to take in these matters.

crossdoesitbest

Why, who where the outcasts before them, or how would you describe an outcast??

ziggysego

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 11, 2010, 03:48:42 AM
tut,tut...you missed a golden opportunity...all you had to to was ask them which god is the true god and just watch them turn on each other.

You've actually made me laugh *faints*
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Just wondering do people agree Atheists are the new group that the theists have a go at. Today at work one of my colleagues an Indian Catholic managed to get out of me that I was an Atheist. Suddenly I had 3 English Catholics, 2 English Protestants and Indian Catholic and a Bengali Muslim all joining forces to attack my views. One even asked did I worship the devil (Indian Catholic) she was supported in this question by ALL of the others. FCKN theists haven't an fckn clue, all I could think was Satan is a fckn FALSE GOD like ALL the REST of the your fckn Nimrods FALSE DEITIES.

Is Ronald McDonald a good boss?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on December 11, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
Athiesm requires faith also and in that regards is similar to Religion. In the absence of proof of a God or otherwise, Agnosticism is really the only rational stance to take in these matters.

I don't think so, I just have a lack of faith in any spirity, deity or anything supernatural. They all seem like fairytales. Agnostics have some faith but they are unsure of who or what is the truth. I would see Agnostics as theists without direction.

I could just say that there was an alternative Universe made of cheese and because you cannot prove or disprove it, then having some faith in that concept is more rational than not believing in it. To me God makes no more sence than the Cheese Universe.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2010, 12:01:38 PM

Ha ha  :D , think of another type of workplace with lots of people from the Subcontinent.

Bogball XV

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2010, 12:01:38 PM

;D ;D

I was trying to figure that out too, the only thing is, I reckon there's be one or two more muslims involved in Mickey D's

Peter Solan the Great

I found an interesting youtube Clip that gives a theory about the new atheists. It seems Mayogodhelpus (Which is an appalling racist term yet a Mayo man has it as his username) backs up this point. I cants find that clip at the moment but when i do I will post it up.

J70

Believing that gods exist is equivalent to not believing that gods exist? Right...

While the arrival at a conclusion either way may, with some serious stretching of its meaning, be interpreted as an act of faith, there is a big difference in relying on real evidence and logic and settling for the outcome of a lifetime of indoctrination and lack of intellectual curiosity.

By your logic, a rational person is one who leaves open the possibility that Zeus is up there on Mt Olympus shooting lightning bolts. Or that the boogyman really lives under the bed. I mean, how do we really know they don't?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2010, 05:31:48 PM

Believing that gods exist is equivalent to not believing that gods exist? Right...

While the arrival at a conclusion either way may, with some serious stretching of its meaning, be interpreted as an act of faith, there is a big difference in relying on real evidence and logic and settling for the outcome of a lifetime of indoctrination and lack of intellectual curiosity.

By your logic, a rational person is one who leaves open the possibility that Zeus is up there on Mt Olympus shooting lightning bolts. Or that the boogyman really lives under the bed. I mean, how do we really know they don't?

That is happening in one of the adjacent dimensions
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

muppet

Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 11, 2010, 06:43:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2010, 05:31:48 PM

That is happening in one of the adjacent dimensions

Cool....can you give us a News update from there?
MWWSI 2017