Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7726335 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #58185 on: August 28, 2017, 11:30:21 PM »
Tale of two halves one just exceptional and the other very mediocre.

We're in the hat though when many didn't think we'd touch Coleraine at all so I'll take that.

For some reason Coleraine just do not like playing Screen!!

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #58186 on: August 29, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »
Screen were just awesome in the first half, blew Coleraine away.
Dominated every sector of the field.
Then we go a man up, after Barry McGoldrick rightly got the line.

I have a feeling in the second half we have a combination of Coleraine pushing harder and Screen deciding to make sure they didnt concede goals whilst knowing that they would get a few points on the counter attack, enough to see the game out...and that's what happened. Made for a poor second half, but the result is what mattered.
I'd have preferred to see us push on though.

Coleraine really look like a shadow of the team they were. Missed an awful lot and I'd say they'll be disappointed with their own performance.

Benny Heron was unmarkable in that first half.

Referee was out of his depth. Some very strange decisions, such as raising his hand for advantage then immediately pulling back for the free. Coleraine even had the ball in the net once and he pulled it back to give them advantage. He gave frees where there was none, then he missed some of the most obvious frees you'll ever see.

Anyway, good to get to a semi final. Still tough to see anyone beating Slaughtneil.

Buzzkill

• View Profile
« Reply #58187 on: August 29, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
Great win for Screen last night. The first half performance was outstanding and Benny Herron was unmarkable for that period.

I think we went too defensive in the second half. More concerned with making sure Coleraine didn't score a goal than adding any damage at the other end. But in reality the game was over as a contest and we were happy to see out the match.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58188 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »
Good to see Ballinderry still involved in championship football tonight, hosting the Foreglen and Ballerin game. Looked a pile of shit.

Anyone at the Glen game; Kilrea have gone to pish.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:29:04 PM by theticklemister »

DERRYSFINEST

• View Profile
« Reply #58189 on: August 30, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
what date are the senior football semi finals to be played?

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58190 on: August 30, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
Probably the weekend of the 9th-10th after the county board announces the new manager. If that announcement is delayed then it's mackers, if not then it's crozier and tohill. Well done to the wattys last night. Some class football from them in the second half. If the row is on video big Emmett should get off.

TransitVanMan

• The Keystone Cops
    • View Profile
« Reply #58191 on: August 30, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
Probably the weekend of the 9th-10th after the county board announces the new manager. If that announcement is delayed then it's mackers, if not then it's crozier and tohill. Well done to the wattys last night. Some class football from them in the second half. If the row is on video big Emmett should get off.

Can't see how he will get off, was very silly to react, but difficult not to sometimes I suppose.

Even with him its difficult to see how we can get past the Neilers. Let's call a spade a spade Kilrea weren't exactly the fittest team to grace Owenbeg this year.

Get in the Van!

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #58192 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
As I was not able to attend  many of  Derry's club championship games I would be interested to hear from those who saw  a lot of  games, in all three grades,  to state  the names of  the stand out players so far in each section.

doiregael93

• View Profile
« Reply #58193 on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

Can't see how he will get off, was very silly to react, but difficult not to sometimes I suppose.

Even with him its difficult to see how we can get past the Neilers. Let's call a spade a spade Kilrea weren't exactly the fittest team to grace Owenbeg this year.

Maybe because getting headbutted doesn't merit a sending off

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58194 on: August 30, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »
As I was not able to attend  many of  Derry's club championship games I would be interested to hear from those who saw  a lot of  games, in all three grades,  to state  the names of  the stand out players so far in each section.

Most of the Derry panel stood out
Outside that Bradley and Convery glen
Lavey full forward maybe
Sean Leo, Colm, Liam, Holly, two Mullans and Mooney
Paul Bradley and cormac
Nothing from Dungiven or Bellaghy or Loup or Swatragh or Magherafelt or Banagher or Ballinderry

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58195 on: August 30, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »

Most of the Derry panel stood out
Outside that Bradley and Convery glen
Lavey full forward maybe
Sean Leo, Colm, Liam, Holly, two Mullans and Mooney
Paul Bradley and cormac
Nothing from Dungiven or Bellaghy or Loup or Swatragh or Magherafelt or Banagher or Ballinderry
Surprised no one from your club Dub.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #58196 on: August 30, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Tohill? where u heard this crap, man on a  100k+ job a year and a busy one at that, he hasnt time to train / manage teams
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:10:23 PM by Wildweasel74 »

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58197 on: August 30, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »
Tohill? where u heard this crap, man on a  100k+ job a year and a busy one at that, he hasnt time to train / manage teams

Swa minors

Real Talk

• View Profile
« Reply #58198 on: August 30, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

Swa minors

Heard his son Anton is making good progress this year

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #58199 on: August 30, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

You didn't see may club games, but you have a keen interest in the county team?