Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7502800 times)

DERRYSFINEST

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #58200 on: August 30, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
what date are the senior football semi finals to be played?

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58201 on: August 30, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
Probably the weekend of the 9th-10th after the county board announces the new manager. If that announcement is delayed then it's mackers, if not then it's crozier and tohill. Well done to the wattys last night. Some class football from them in the second half. If the row is on video big Emmett should get off.

TransitVanMan

• The Keystone Cops
    • View Profile
« Reply #58202 on: August 30, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
Probably the weekend of the 9th-10th after the county board announces the new manager. If that announcement is delayed then it's mackers, if not then it's crozier and tohill. Well done to the wattys last night. Some class football from them in the second half. If the row is on video big Emmett should get off.

Can't see how he will get off, was very silly to react, but difficult not to sometimes I suppose.

Even with him its difficult to see how we can get past the Neilers. Let's call a spade a spade Kilrea weren't exactly the fittest team to grace Owenbeg this year.

Get in the Van!

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #58203 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
As I was not able to attend  many of  Derry's club championship games I would be interested to hear from those who saw  a lot of  games, in all three grades,  to state  the names of  the stand out players so far in each section.

doiregael93

• View Profile
« Reply #58204 on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

Can't see how he will get off, was very silly to react, but difficult not to sometimes I suppose.

Even with him its difficult to see how we can get past the Neilers. Let's call a spade a spade Kilrea weren't exactly the fittest team to grace Owenbeg this year.

Maybe because getting headbutted doesn't merit a sending off

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58205 on: August 30, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »
As I was not able to attend  many of  Derry's club championship games I would be interested to hear from those who saw  a lot of  games, in all three grades,  to state  the names of  the stand out players so far in each section.

Most of the Derry panel stood out
Outside that Bradley and Convery glen
Lavey full forward maybe
Sean Leo, Colm, Liam, Holly, two Mullans and Mooney
Paul Bradley and cormac
Nothing from Dungiven or Bellaghy or Loup or Swatragh or Magherafelt or Banagher or Ballinderry

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58206 on: August 30, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »

Lavey full forward maybe
Sean Leo, Colm, Liam, Holly, two Mullans and Mooney
Paul Bradley and cormac
Nothing from Dungiven or Bellaghy or Loup or Swatragh or Magherafelt or Banagher or Ballinderry
Surprised no one from your club Dub.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #58207 on: August 30, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Tohill? where u heard this crap, man on a  100k+ job a year and a busy one at that, he hasnt time to train / manage teams
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:10:23 PM by Wildweasel74 »

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58208 on: August 30, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »
Tohill? where u heard this crap, man on a  100k+ job a year and a busy one at that, he hasnt time to train / manage teams

Swa minors

Real Talk

• View Profile
« Reply #58209 on: August 30, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

Swa minors

Heard his son Anton is making good progress this year

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #58210 on: August 30, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

You didn't see may club games, but you have a keen interest in the county team?

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58211 on: August 30, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »

You didn't see may club games, but you have a keen interest in the county team?
Maybe didn't see August club games either!!!

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #58212 on: August 31, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »

Lavey full forward maybe -  O'Boyle was full forward and Ryan Dougan from Glen never gave him a kick.
Sean Leo, Colm, Liam, Holly, two Mullans and Mooney - Decky Mullan nope. Mooney definitely worth looking at.
Paul Bradley and cormac -   Don't agree.

Damien McErlain will be Derry manager by 9pm tonight.

Dub000737

• View Profile
« Reply #58213 on: August 31, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »
 :) ;) :D ;D told you. Just wait for the eeejits who say he should have taken a club first.  8) :o >:( :(

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58214 on: August 31, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »
:) ;) :D ;D told you. Just wait for the eeejits who say he should have taken a club first.  8) :o >:( :(

Good man.. law of averages meant that you were going to be right somewhere along the line

Kerry to win Sam

Just heard that my man got the job but has now changed his mind. The runner ups will be asked if they want it. Banty and Gary McDaid. Banty does the job for petrol expenses and Gary isn't dear. Rest of the team will come from Derry.

Two prospective Derry managers have just walked into Owenbeg here. They were let in through the back door so they didn't even pay in. The caretaker must know something. Lots of shaking hands going on and an Irish News journalist there too. When will they tell us?

Macker was in with a excellent shot of becoming manager from the very beginning, everyone knew that.  You made sure that you covered the bases, throwing in other names to make sure that whatever the outcome... you told us first!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:14:50 AM by Estimator »
Ulster League Champions 2009