Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 9497555 times)

Lowintothewind

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #54090 on: October 01, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »
There was to be 2 teams relegated from the Intermediate league at the start of the year, how come there is only one? 

Did Ballerin not relegate Moneymore in a playoff in early September?

Henry Joys to stay in Intermediate for another season!

Well done to players and management

Well done Moneymore, but a sore one on Drum. Had a fine season, only for the anomaly of having Faughanvale in jr they may well have topped the league.

With the Wolfhounds down, unless Gerry Mullan comes out of retirement, Drum will start as strong favourites to go up next year.

Has the junior final date / venue been confirmed does anyone know?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #54091 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
Fergal Doc in one sentence.  The best Derry player of his generation. He put in some shift for Derry and carried them over the line time after time. Thoroughly earned the status of "Derry legend".

DERRYSFINEST

• View Profile
« Reply #54092 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »
Fergal Doc in one sentence.  The best Derry player of his generation. He put in some shift for Derry and carried them over the line time after time. Thoroughly earned the status of "Derry legend".

I disagree. My top 3 of his generation would be

Enda Muldoon
Paddy Bradley
Fergal Doherty

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #54093 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »

Enda Muldoon
Paddy Bradley
Fergal Doherty

3 absolutely brilliant footballers. We were lucky to have them.

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54094 on: October 01, 2015, 02:33:11 PM »

Enda Muldoon
Paddy Bradley
Fergal Doherty

3 absolutely brilliant footballers. We were lucky to have them.

Muldoon
Fergal Doc
Jonny McBride
Paul McFlynn

That's my top 4 (in no particular order) as I couldnt leave any out of a top 3!

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #54095 on: October 01, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
Can someone post up Fergal Docs best games for Derry?????

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54096 on: October 01, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »

Do you have to score 1-2 from midfield to have a "best" game??

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #54097 on: October 01, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »

Do your own donkey work

when not going through the pain barrier for the cause, ie playing when injured, I cant mind him not having a decent game. You knew what you were getting, and more importantly, the opposition midfielders knew what they were getting. Always gave you a lift seeing his name on the team-sheet, will be badly missed.

WaterBoy

• Now that's what I call high quality H2O
    • View Profile
« Reply #54098 on: October 01, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »
There was to be 2 teams relegated from the Intermediate league at the start of the year, how come there is only one? 

Well done Moneymore, but a sore one on Drum. Had a fine season, only for the anomaly of having Faughanvale in jr they may well have topped the league.

With the Wolfhounds down, unless Gerry Mullan comes out of retirement, Drum will start as strong favourites to go up next year.

There was supposed to be 2 teams relegated but CCC made a mistake when sending out official notification to clubs of how relegation would work in Div2 this season, playoffs etc.  Ballerin V Moneymore playoff was therefore cancelled and Ballerin declared safe.  Moneymore then went on to beat Drum in the only playoff.

Top quality administration as usual
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

valeman

• View Profile
« Reply #54099 on: October 01, 2015, 02:56:30 PM »

There was supposed to be 2 teams relegated but CCC made a mistake when sending out official notification to clubs of how relegation would work in Div2 this season, playoffs etc.  Ballerin V Moneymore playoff was therefore cancelled and Ballerin declared safe.  Moneymore then went on to beat Drum in the only playoff.

Not sure about the administration part of your post but Moneymore did infact play Ballerin in a playoff. Limavady were relegated automatically. Moneymore played Ballerin with the winners safe and the losers (Ballerin won 1-07 to 0-08) to play the 2nd place team in division 3 in a relegation/promotion playoff.

WaterBoy

• Now that's what I call high quality H2O
    • View Profile
« Reply #54100 on: October 01, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

Not sure about the administration part of your post but Moneymore did infact play Ballerin in a playoff. Limavady were relegated automatically. Moneymore played Ballerin with the winners safe and the losers (Ballerin won 1-07 to 0-08) to play the 2nd place team in division 3 in a relegation/promotion playoff.

Yeah you are right, my mistake.  Ballerin beat Moneymore, it was originally planned that the loser of that game would be relegated and the winner play Drum in the Playoff, but due to the admin mistake Ballerin were declared safe, Moneymore went into the playoff game with Drum and only 1 team was relegated instead of 2
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #54101 on: October 01, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »

Yeah you are right, my mistake.  Ballerin beat Moneymore, it was originally planned that the loser of that game would be relegated and the winner play Drum in the Playoff, but due to the admin mistake Ballerin were declared safe, Moneymore went into the playoff game with Drum and only 1 team was relegated instead of 2
I would say this is near enough the right number of clubs in each division now anyway. County board are probably scared of messing up the championships again like last year, with Craigbane going straight in to the back door, so are sticking to this years format.

johnny cash

• View Profile
« Reply #54102 on: October 01, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
Will that mean that stud who pranced around the field before games is now back to his day Job of refereeing?

im not with you??

Martin McErlain

scallywag

• View Profile
« Reply #54103 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »
our antrim blow in will be back in black in the near future.lol

johnny cash

• View Profile
« Reply #54104 on: October 01, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »
our antrim blow in will be back in black in the near future.lol

Blow in really? I always got the impression he was highly influential within his club and a real Derry man