Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 9497613 times)

Benchwarmer

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #52035 on: May 15, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
Predictions please.

7 15 PM Glen  --- --- Ballinderry  Glen Ballinderry as glen didn't field ;)
8 00 PM Magherafelt  --- --- Slaughtneil  Slaughtneil
7 15 PM Ballinascreen  --- --- Swatragh  screen
7 30 PM Bellaghy  --- --- Glenullin  Glenullin
2 00 PM Newbridge  --- --- O’Brien’s G.F.C Foreglen  Foreglen
3 30 PM The Loup  --- --- Coleraine  loup
3 30 PM Banagher  --- --- Lavey  Lavey
3 30 PM Dungiven  --- --- Kilrea  Dungiven

Benchwarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #52036 on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:24 PM »
Some win tonight by magherafelt
Never seen that coming!

DoYerJob Linesman

• Up The Shamrocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52037 on: May 15, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »
Terribly disappointed........

Went to maghera pitch to watch our senior game against glen.....

Arrived at pitch. Not a sinner!!! Rang home, "game off da"

I think it is a joke that this group of players/management/club left it until 6.15 to call of a 7.15 game that they had asked to be changed. (Which we accommodated)

Absolute disgrace... These young lads who won everything growing up obviously forgot to learn about respecting others. All because they were going to be without a couple of players!!! Joke....

I was hoping to watch our men V their young and exciting team!!! Screw that... I've lost a lot of respect for them tonight!!! Obviously still a lot to learn before the become a senior club again!! If ever!!

Maybe that esteemed poster Silver Hill can explain to us what happened.

Another boy, like Lenny, who had plenty to say a few months ago.

His posts were also conspicuous by their absence in the aftermath of their recent tempestuous league game with their neighbours.

Another boy who slabbers only when it suits.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #52038 on: May 16, 2015, 12:43:45 AM »
Explain your comment, Wildweasel.

teaching at St Pius or COOKSTOWN must be scraping the barrel

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #52039 on: May 16, 2015, 08:38:01 AM »
What was the story with the Watties last night?
Bad job they can't field with around 60 Cubs with ulster minor medals.

Serious trend this year with teams not fielding against teams they don't fancy playing. Glen also didn't field against Bellaghy in u16s. Lavey also in a couple of underage games.
If these teams are missing a few players or just don't fancy their chances, what kind of message does that send out to the rest of their players? Have both these teams not handed out healthy hammerings to other teams over the years? But when the roles are reversed?

Bad bad form.

Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #52040 on: May 16, 2015, 09:08:34 AM »
Glen are a joke, did they think they were going to come up from division 2 and not lose any games. If they had been playing anyone else other than Ballinderry they would have probably fielded.

Really bad decision by their management, they obviously have a young team and need to build leaders and character, not fielding because you are scared of a hammering definitely isn't the way to do it.

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #52041 on: May 16, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
Some win tonight by magherafelt
Never seen that coming!

Would not read too much into this result.  We were missing 9 men including Rogers, Chrissy, patsy, paudie mcg, Barry mcg, Karl mck, Samm,  Paul and ronan Bradley.. Throw in that fact that it was an awful, inept piece of refereeing by a ref way out of his depth who incorrectly sent off one of our men during the game.. I'm not overly concerned..

As for Glen, don't know the reasons for them not fielding,  don't care.  Senior teams have no excuse for not fielding any game,  especially Glen who have players in abundance from their minor squads this last few years.

Lastly I hope you all have purchased your tickets for our grand draw tonight.  If you haven't you can still do so online..

http://www.slaughtneil.com/content/?id=79&l1id=38
To

cockahoop

• View Profile
« Reply #52042 on: May 16, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »

I think it is a joke that this group of players/management/club left it until 6.15 to call of a 7.15 game that they had asked to be changed. (Which we accommodated)

Absolute disgrace... These young lads who won everything growing up obviously forgot to learn about respecting others. All because they were going to be without a couple of players!!! Joke....

I was hoping to watch our men V their young and exciting team!!! Screw that... I've lost a lot of respect for them tonight!!! Obviously still a lot to learn before the become a senior club again!! If ever!!

this seems to be happening alot with glen this year,it was all great when they were strong at underage and we all turned up,took our beating and got on with it....now it seems if Glen think they might take a bit of a beating its a no show,i know there u/16's havent turned up for a league match and were away playing a friendly..bloody disgrace that they get away with this carry on.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #52043 on: May 16, 2015, 10:42:09 AM »

this seems to be happening alot with glen this year,it was all great when they were strong at underage and we all turned up,took our beating and got on with it....now it seems if Glen think they might take a bit of a beating its a no show,i know there u/16's havent turned up for a league match and were away playing a friendly..bloody disgrace that they get away with this carry on.

Totally agree. Very disappointed in Glen. If teams were docked 2 points for every game they didn't field it would make them think twice. It would've meant Lavey didnt make the feile final for instance.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #52044 on: May 16, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
Firstly, apologies to Ballinderry for not fielding last night. I'm not going to try to defend the indefensible. I was as shocked as they were when I arrived at our pitch last night. It was a serious error of judgement by our senior management and has zero support from the wider members and committee. Quite frankly, it's embarassing and illogical as we trained with 25 players on the pitch. Our chairman was informed at 5.50, way too late to try to communicate with Ballinderry for a game that was fixed for 7.15 on a Friday night. Apologies as well to any neutrals who turned up expecting to see a game. Finally, just to reiterate, this was a decision taken by senior management in isolation, there was no consultation with chairman or committee. Wrong decision on every front and we'll simply have to take the ramifications on the chin. Indefensible.

cockahoop

• View Profile
« Reply #52045 on: May 16, 2015, 12:23:52 PM »
Firstly, apologies to Ballinderry for not fielding last night. I'm not going to try to defend the indefensible. I was as shocked as they were when I arrived at our pitch last night. It was a serious error of judgement by our senior management and has zero support from the wider members and committee. Quite frankly, it's embarassing and illogical as we trained with 25 players on the pitch. Our chairman was informed at 5.50, way too late to try to communicate with Ballinderry for a game that was fixed for 7.15 on a Friday night. Apologies as well to any neutrals who turned up expecting to see a game. Finally, just to reiterate, this was a decision taken by senior management in isolation, there was no consultation with chairman or committee. Wrong decision on every front and we'll simply have to take the ramifications on the chin. Indefensible.
#
Fair play Silver...but the problem doesnt just lye with the seniors your underage are doing it also so this is not just a one off

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #52046 on: May 16, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
Amateur Baseball USA East
*Fail to field once in league or minor competition .........docked 3 points
*Fail to field a second time in league or minor competition......removal from current championships or denied a place in the draw for the following season's championships
No further problems since the introduction of the rules.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52047 on: May 16, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »
That's as bad as I've ever heard from a team! Not fielding against Ballinderry? They've won the last 4 Minor Championships and done so much good work only to yella out of a game against the benchmark of Derry football? What kind of message does that send out to a young team?

They should have the book thrown at them!!

WaterBoy

• Now that's what I call high quality H2O
    • View Profile
« Reply #52048 on: May 16, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
Was there not a rule brought In this year to try & prevent this? that if a team concedes a league game  they are fined and docked 2points in next seasons league?

Are county players not able to play in this weekends fixtures or what?
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #52049 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »
Was there not a rule brought In this year to try & prevent this? that if a team concedes a league game  they are fined and docked 2points in next seasons league?

Are county players not able to play in this weekends fixtures or what?

County minors yes, county seniors no.

There's too much aul sh1te from management at all levels to try to gain an advantage, whether not contesting certain matches, not fielding etc...Awful carryon.  I heard from a chap that a junior team travelled halfway across the county last weekend having collected a man in his late 40s who hadnt wore boots in 15 years to make the 15 knowing they had little chance of winning....they just didn't want to concede. That's what it's all about surely, playing the game !

if the rule is in place, Glen should be docked points. If no rule is in place, it should be