Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8894157 times)

Hungry Exile

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #4815 on: August 21, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »
Loneshark has kindly priced up the Derry Championship:
Ballinderry  11/10   
Loup  4/1   
Bellaghy  9/2   
Glenullin  6/1   
Dungiven  9/1   
Castledawson  12/1   
Ballinascreen  20/1   
Magherafelt  20/1   
Swatragh  25/1   
Kilrea  33/1   
Craigbane  33/1   
Ballymaguigan  50/1   
Banagher  50/1   
Glen  66/1

What do any of you make of those odds?  Where lies the value?

Any Bellaghy man worth his salt must put on at least £50 at 9/2.  4 games,  Sneil out, Loup on the decline - couple of potential banana skins & one hard match!!

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4816 on: August 21, 2007, 12:30:44 AM »
Speaking of An Lub. I'm heading to Donegal tomorrow. En route there is a wee bus shelter on the main road at Foreglen with An Lub written on both sides in big green letters.
Maybe Barry or young Mc Guckin would know.
Eh lads?
There's a good chance it was Loup Bandit and Louper.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:10:33 AM by hardstation »

Doire abú

• View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: August 21, 2007, 01:36:58 AM »
The same bus shelter has a sign saying "Foreglen Community Centre" written on it. Don't think it could whold half of Foreglen :)

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4818 on: August 21, 2007, 01:39:34 AM »
I know you claim to be from Ballinderry but I think you're from lubeland.
Who did it? Was I right about John and Loverboy?

Doire abú

• View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: August 21, 2007, 01:48:37 AM »
Me from Lubeland?  :-[

John and loverboy who? I'm confused.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4820 on: August 21, 2007, 01:51:07 AM »
Read back (my recent posts). Put two and two together. You might know them (depending on your age).

Doire abú

• View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: August 21, 2007, 01:52:21 AM »
Oh right get ye now, never botherd reading your previous posts.  I couldn't possibly comment on whether they did it or not. Not being from the Loup, its not my place to say.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
The sound of silence
« Reply #4822 on: August 21, 2007, 01:55:10 AM »
I'll have to wait on them replying then.

Doire abú

• View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: August 21, 2007, 01:59:54 AM »
lol just reading through the whole thing again properly. I'm an idiot 8)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: August 21, 2007, 11:03:35 AM »
screen beat banagher by 2 (2-8 t o 1-9 i think), all in all a good game with lynch missing a one on one sitter near the end from six yards...what drama...screen really needed a result to stay alive in 1A. Any word on the Dawson Shamrocks game tonight?

Very tough game last night although much tougher than it should have been. We blew them away in the first half (even with their goal which was a square ball) and should have done the same in the 2nd although when you haven't won too many games it can be hard to close them out.

In fairness we did play well although Lynch did cause us a few problems. Referee was absolutely diabolical!! All but 2 of their scores were from frees (both of which came from dubious frees awarded) and as mentioned before, their goal was a square ball.

AFAIK Banagher were full out last night but I wouldn't read too much into last night as a guide for next week. We all know that Banagher can turn it on come championship time so I'd say it'll be another tough game next Tuesday!

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: August 21, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »
screen beat banagher by 2 (2-8 t o 1-9 i think), all in all a good game with lynch missing a one on one sitter near the end from six yards...what drama...screen really needed a result to stay alive in 1A. Any word on the Dawson Shamrocks game tonight?

Very tough game last night although much tougher than it should have been. We blew them away in the first half (even with their goal which was a square ball) and should have done the same in the 2nd although when you haven't won too many games it can be hard to close them out.

In fairness we did play well although Lynch did cause us a few problems. Referee was absolutely diabolical!! All but 2 of their scores were from frees (both of which came from dubious frees awarded) and as mentioned before, their goal was a square ball.

AFAIK Banagher were full out last night but I wouldn't read too much into last night as a guide for next week. We all know that Banagher can turn it on come championship time so I'd say it'll be another tough game next Tuesday!
so the final score should have been 2-8 to 0-2 then
ya big clown !
 :D
Are you back playing yet?
Will I send round those nice boys from ***club unmentionable**** to nobble you for the championship game?
or just get a girl with an english accent phone round your ma's telling her she's gonna become a granny soon... ;) :D
either one will feck up your pre match preparations ! ;)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: August 21, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »
so the final score should have been 2-8 to 0-2 then
ya big clown !
 Cheesy

No! Can't you read??

All but 2 of their scores were from frees (both of which came from dubious frees awarded)

Should have been 2-8 to 0-0!!!

Only messing nah they did put it up to us and there we gave away a lot of silly kickable frees but we didn't really get extended the same courtesy at the other end or when we had the ball which is all we wanted.

Anyway as I said next week will be tough as we're now familiar with eachother but we're happy to get another 2 pts. on the league table as we were starting to get a bit behind!!!

Back playing alright although I'm getting challenged by our hurlers to tog for them and show them how "any decent athlete could play senior hurling" after my comments last week... seriously does anybody have a sense of humour these days!!!!

How's the Brigid's minor's getting on these days... it sounded like you were going well when you were scouting Leinster for challenge matched there a few weeks ago. Any trophies in the cabinet yet?

amigo

• View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: August 21, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
Quote from: Stmalachy on August 20, 2007, 11:08:56 PM
Thats a bad result for us. We played very badly, the final score was 1-16 to 0-10. We scored the last 3 points. I don't think they are that good. Very funny at the start, they came out and started shooting into our end but we came out andstarted shooting into the bottom goals as well and thy left without a word and went to the top. I thinked that they could be "cowed".  Wouldn't be afraid of them if we met them in the championship.

LOL. YOU must have cowed them well St Malachy going by that scoreline. You serious  :D :D :D

Dutch

• If it bleeds, we can kill it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: August 21, 2007, 06:29:41 PM »
Foreglen for IFC

DoYerJob Linesman

• Up The Shamrocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: August 21, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »
Thats a bad result for us. We played very badly, the final score was 1-16 to 0-10. We scored the last 3 points. I don't think they are that good. Very funny at the start, they came out and started shooting into our end but we came out andstarted shooting into the bottom goals as well and thy left without a word and went to the top. I thinked that they could be "cowed".  Wouldn't be afraid of them if we met them in the championship.

Perhaps it was their illustrious history
Perhaps it was the intimidating atmosphere of the Broagh
Perhaps it was the mere sight of the famous white jerseys
Perhaps it was the sheer physical prescence of the Dawson players

Whatever it was, it cowed the Shamrocks completely.  It must have taken them at least 8 minutes to get their necks in front by 5 or 6 points.

Lets hope the draw is kind and we can avoid those savages from the Broagh.  Rumour has it that Big Niall was in Toome before he stopped running!

:D
 ???
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth