Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8894161 times)

SuperHans

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #4800 on: August 19, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »
Gareth Doc blatantly wrote our keeper off in that county final in 96. Greg was about 14 or 15 stone so WEE DOC certainly didnt hit him a fair shoulder. Sure Greg had to be substituted after it.it was the turning point of the game.

as for eoin carey this new referee, his eyesight is terrible, even with his specs on.i wouldnt let him drive TBH

Doire abú

• View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: August 20, 2007, 03:17:26 AM »
Championship fixtures....

Tuesday August 28th 7pm
Banagher v Ballinascreen @ Dungiven
Ballymaguigan v Ballinderry @ Greenlough

Saturday August 25th
Bellaghy v Swatragh@ Greenlough 6pm

Wednesday, August 29th         
Castledawson v Kilrea@ Dungiven 7pm

Thursday August 30th 7pm
Magherafelt v Glen @ Bellaghy
Loup v Craigbane @ Swatragh

Are the Dungiven vs Glenullin and Slaughtneil vs Lavey games not being played because thosegroups have already been decided, or whats the story?

Rick O Shea

• View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: August 20, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
Still no result from last night's match... anyone care to enlighten us? Billy or Daisy?

Matches this weekend:

Loup    Slaughtneil    Loup   19/08/2007   14:00   McGilligan Adrian      
Ballinascreen    Banagher    Ballinascreen   19/08/2007   14:00   Cassidy Peter      
Bellaghy    Glenullin    Bellaghy   19/08/2007   18:00   O'Connor Declan

Big game for us but hard to know what way teams will be with cship so close... I'd fancy Loup and Glenullin for the other two.

Any word of the Senior championship? I see from the website that the previous fixtures have been removed. Probably due to the Minor Championship. Will we get an extra week now??

Bellaghy  2-11 2-10 Glenullin     
Loup  0-8 0-10 Slaughtneil   

:o :o

Drumanee 1

• I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.EVEN WHEN I LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:08 AM »
great game last night with ourselves and glenullin and i think we just about deserved to win as we had that wee bit more around the mid field area.i think both teams will be happy with a game like that to build up to the c'ship next week,it was played to a very high intensity and had the air of a c'ship match,great scores,big hits,a wee bit of niggle to add a bit of spice all in all one of the best club matches i have seen in a while.thought the ref gave and didnt give a few dodgy desisions,paddy bradley was clearly fouled near the end but didnt give it and then a couple of seconds later eoin brown was clearly pushed in the back as he had posession and niether was given but suppose over the course of the match it leveled itself out.

Stmalachy

• View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: August 20, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »
Right Drumanee, was at the game last night and thought it was a fantastic game. As you say, it had everything and I trhink both teams will giuve the championship a good fist of it. We play  ballinderry tonight at the Broagh and everyone is looking forward to it. We always give them a good game at home. Any word on the Loup/Slaughtneil game, there are rumours that there was a big row in it and a player from both sides got sent off.

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #4805 on: August 20, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
Attented our game, great win for our boys who defeated a fairly poor Loup team.  We should have won by more, but let them back into the game again and had a penelty saved (it went over for a point).

Slaughtneil, who haven't trained much since our Championship exit looked a lot sharper than Loup and won most of the opening exchanges.  Loup were minus Paul McFlynn and Padraig O'Kane (is he playing this year?)  We were short Jim and Micháel Kelly.

Regarding the 'big row', there wasn't much to it.  Our keeper caught a high ball only to be blindsided and knocked into the net, a bit of pushing and handbags started in around the goal area which resulted in Fintan Devlin getting sent off for Loup.  No one from Slaughtneil was sent off so we played over half the game with an extra man.

Finally, I reckon Bruno reads the board cause the away team won and his performance wasn't too bad.  I didn't see what Devlin did so I can't comment on whether it was a sending off or not.  Maybe some of the Loupers on here seen it and can comment.

I know it was only a league game but on yesterdays performance Loup are a long way away from winning the championship.

Maximus Marillius

• My name is Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: August 20, 2007, 10:27:34 AM »
Was up at the game last night also and agree with most of the comments....was the glenullin goal possibly a square ball...not worth debating about without unpires, big Fergal missed a sitter with ten to go which would have allowed Bellaghy more breathing space.We badly missed Michael Mc Goldrick, especially when Mc Shane went off...he would have been needed to mark PB, who hit a real purple patch in the middle of the secong half...Bradley is a class player with out doubt. For all the talk about these other teams who will challenge Ballinderry...for me( and I am sure your not surprised) we are the only team who will really put it up them. We have up the ante in the past while

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: August 20, 2007, 11:00:59 AM »
HAve to disagree with you there Max... IMO there isn't any team that will put it up to Ballinderry this year.

treborstemme

• View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: August 20, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
HAve to disagree with you there Max... IMO there isn't any team that will put it up to Ballinderry this year.

Just took the words out of my mouth there screenexile.  No-one is near the shamrocks at the moment.  Was down at the match myself.  Ballinderry manager was there, but really and truly he's not shaking in his boots.  Bellaghy are depending on one good forward and a dose of average ones, Glenullins defence is very poor.  By the way imo it was a square ball!!

screenmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:32 PM »
screen beat banagher by 2 (2-8 t o 1-9 i think), all in all a good game with lynch missing a one on one sitter near the end from six yards...what drama...screen really needed a result to stay alive in 1A. Any word on the Dawson Shamrocks game tonight?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Maximus Marillius

• My name is Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: August 20, 2007, 09:50:27 PM »
The shamrocks won by 7 I think.

Stmalachy

• View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: August 20, 2007, 11:08:56 PM »
Thats a bad result for us. We played very badly, the final score was 1-16 to 0-10. We scored the last 3 points. I don't think they are that good. Very funny at the start, they came out and started shooting into our end but we came out andstarted shooting into the bottom goals as well and thy left without a word and went to the top. I thinked that they could be "cowed".  Wouldn't be afraid of them if we met them in the championship.

Hungry Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: August 20, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »
Thats a bad result for us. We played very badly, the final score was 1-16 to 0-10. We scored the last 3 points. I don't think they are that good. Very funny at the start, they came out and started shooting into our end but we came out andstarted shooting into the bottom goals as well and thy left without a word and went to the top. I thinked that they could be "cowed".  Wouldn't be afraid of them if we met them in the championship.

Are you on drugs ??? ???.

By your own hand you wrote you were 12 points down in the final minutes of the game before you got the last 3 points - the game was over & you were hammered!!

As for being "cowed" - maybe they were, but it was more likely - your pitch why give you a reason to get frenzied up, when the game was a fixture they were confident they would win  - is the Broagh a place to fear these days?

Anyone with any common sense will hope that Bellaghy meet Ballinderry in the next round & pray they take lumps out of each other as it will be difficult to beat one of them never mind have to beat both of them!!  As Max has said Bellaghy are a championship team & are the only real threat to Ballinderry at the moment.  Glenullin / Dungiven on their day could possibly beat either, but it is unlikely they would beat both to lift the title.  As for the rest, unfortunately recent history doesn't give them much chance.

screenmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: August 21, 2007, 12:02:07 AM »
  Wouldn't be afraid of them if we met them in the championship.

ye mightened be afraid of them but ye sure wouldn't be beatin them...dont think theres many to look at the shamrocks this year...they'll need to have a stinker/multiple injury syndrome for anyone to challenge them i think
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4814 on: August 21, 2007, 12:07:51 AM »
What about An Lubrication?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:09:34 AM by hardstation »