Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8894237 times)

doublebounce

Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #4770 on: August 17, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »
long time reader, first time poster.

Just reading the comments on best referees in the county and had to air my views.  No harm but jj cleary and Big Sean are both a joke in their own way.  For me the best of a very bad bunch has to be Bruno.  Makes the right decisions most of the time and knows when frees are trying to be bought. Also explains each decision he makes whereas alot would coward out and say nothing.  

johnjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: August 17, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »
Nice first post there Bruno!

Drumanee 1

• I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.EVEN WHEN I LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: August 17, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »

Just reading the comments on best referees in the county and had to air my views.  No harm but jj cleary and Big Sean are both a joke in their own way.  For me the best of a very bad bunch has to be Bruno.  Makes the right decisions most of the time and knows when frees are trying to be bought. Also explains each decision he makes whereas alot would coward out and say nothing.  
:o :o :o

YOUR ON A WIND UP!bruno is a tool of the highest order who is so far up his own ass it's beyond belief,the few good refs have been mentioned and bruno comes nowhere near.with a fisrt post like that i can see were going to have fun with you

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #4773 on: August 17, 2007, 12:51:56 PM »
'Home team Bruno' you mean.  used to think he was a decent ref, but now I think he's one of the worst.  He cost us our last match V Bellaghy in the league, which i remember at the time was discussed on here.  But I shouldn't say much as I see he's down to referee us and loup at the weekend at the loup.  Home win for Loup then.  ;)

Drumanee 1

• View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: August 17, 2007, 01:18:57 PM »
remeber that game magoo,yous had a free near the end and then he hoped it,now that was bad enough from a s'neil perpective but we headed up the field with fergal doc tearing through the middle to be pulled to the ground and we lost posession then he blew a soft free out,maybe he was trying to even things up but all he did was infuriate both set of players and supporters

treborstemme

• View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: August 17, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
Totally agree with Drumanee, who is seldom of the mark.  Doublebounce,

Just reading the comments on best referees in the county and had to air my views.  No harm but jj cleary and Big Sean are both a joke in their own way.  For me the best of a very bad bunch has to be Bruno.  Makes the right decisions most of the time and knows when frees are trying to be bought. Also explains each decision he makes whereas alot would coward out and say nothing.

:D :D :D

Sure Bruno is lucky to get a junior championship game these days.  Hopeless Referee IMO!

treborstemme

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
On referees,

The county board is taking the unprecented move of using non-Derry referees in the hurling championship this year.  Says alot for our referees!! :-[ :-\ :-[

Drumanee 1

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: August 17, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »
Totally agree with Drumanee, who is seldom of the mark.  Doublebounce,

can i take that as a compliment trebor?

treborstemme

• View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: August 17, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
You may ::),
dont often get compliments about this board. :-*

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #4779 on: August 17, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »
The county board is taking the unprecented move of using non-Derry referees in the hurling championship this year.

While I think this is a brilliant idea idea and IMO should be implimented for football, the hurling referee's in the county aren't as bad as the football.  (Someone will now come on with a name and totally shoot my point to shreds).

I'm thinking Roger Anthony, Eamon Hasson (after he gets over his beating) and of course Martin Mulholland (for you Max) from our club.  Decent enough referees.

robertemmet

• View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: August 17, 2007, 02:31:31 PM »
Vote for you all time Derry team at www.derrygaa.ie

First up is goalkeeper
McCusker, Somers or Patsy Gormley?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:20 PM »
Where's Don Kelly? ;)

Bogball XV

• View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: August 17, 2007, 02:45:57 PM »

the procastenator

• View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
speaking of young refeeres, theres a young eoin carey from coleraine who tried his hand in the trade of refeering and is now been seen as one of the brighest up and coming stars in the refeering world

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #4784 on: August 17, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
speaking of young refeeres, theres a young eoin carey from coleraine who tried his hand in the trade of refeering and is now been seen as one of the brighest up and coming stars in the refeering world

Send him up the road to referee one of our games and our supporters will given you a fantastic, unbiased opinon off him.  then you'll know what he's made of!!