Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 9070121 times)

Wacko

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #41325 on: August 14, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
Derry SFC R2 Front Door Draw.
Ballinderry v Kilrea, Slaughtneil v Loup/Glenullin, Bellaghy v Ballinascreen and Magherafelt v Dungiven.

Derry SFC R2 Back Door Draw.
Glen v Coleraine, Banagher v Steelstown, Lavey v Greenlough and Craigbane v Loup/Glenullin.

Ties to be played from Thursday 30th Aug to Sunday 2nd Sept 2012.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41326 on: August 14, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
After a sleepless weekend, tomorrow's Derry Post brings you the best club championship coverage in Ireland, bar none.  We've had a look at it and decided to totally revamp how it's done.  It's got a whole new look and a whole lot more information.  In tomorrow's paper, there are two pages on every game, including a report, player ratings, man of the match, stats, interviews and some brilliant photography from Mary K (her photos are actually quite possibly the highlight of the weekend).

Also, Eamonn Burns gives his views on whether the back door should remain in his new column, while we choose our championship team of the week and print the best tweets we've received over the last few days.

In all, there are 35 pages of solid club championship coverage, the like of which you simply would not find anywhere else in Ireland.

lets not start sucking each others c*cks just yet!

Might be best for you to just stick to the NBA Prokhorov
 ::)

Well done lads; great match reports!a lot of hardwork went into it!!!

I still prefer the player ratings overall; rather than catches, scores conceded, saves etc. This gives a general overall picture of the players performance rather than indivudial statistics which I glanced over with no particular interest in players I don't know and their seperate breakdown figures. An overall performance would be more welcome.

Keep er lit lads and to hell with people who keep down the promotion of gaelic games and culture in the media like yer man Mikhail Prokhorov. More promotion of our games the better!!!

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41327 on: August 14, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »
Ballinderry v Kilrea, Slaughtneil v Loup/Glenullin, Bellaghy v Ballinascreen and Magherafelt v Dungiven.

Glen v Coleraine, Banagher v Steelstown, Lavey v Greenlough and Craigbane v Loup/Glenullin.

some good ties there, f**k them screen hoors will be hard to listen to for next few weeks  ;)

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41328 on: August 14, 2012, 10:59:37 PM »

some good ties there, f**k them screen hoors will be hard to listen to for next few weeks  ;)

Foregone conclusion Hoof . . . we're well beat even at this stage. We've no championship pedigree or history I imagine it will be another procession for youse just like the Craigbane game.

Do we get another chance when we're beat in this game??

Quack Abu

• View Profile
« Reply #41329 on: August 14, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
Love the confidence you have in screen, maybe thats why they fail when they dont have the support.

and yes there is another chance for whichever team loses out

Doire93

• View Profile
« Reply #41330 on: August 14, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
Barry Cassidy is the man in the middle on sat evening in The Loup v Glenullin replay. Best Ref in Derry by a mile

Quack Abu

• View Profile
« Reply #41331 on: August 14, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
were is the replay bein played at

Wacko

• View Profile
« Reply #41332 on: August 14, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
were is the replay bein played at

Saturday at 5pm in Glen.

screenmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #41333 on: August 15, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
Love the confidence you have in screen, maybe thats why they fail when they dont have the support.

and yes there is another chance for whichever team loses out

I love the great appreciation you have of sarcasm...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

trasna man

• View Profile
« Reply #41334 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Barry Cassidy is the man in the middle on sat evening in The Loup v Glenullin replay. Best Ref in Derry by a mile
for fcuk sake Barry thats some first post. ;D
also great job Cahair and co well impressed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:14:24 AM by trasna man »

surfandturf

• View Profile
« Reply #41335 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »
Have to agree with that. Wee Barry just ain't the best in Derry but is well on the way to becoming the best in Ireland.

As I've said previously refereeing in Derry is of a good standard and is not one of the main issues that are around for the county board at present.

Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #41336 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
Anyone know when the dates will be out for the next rd of the c'ship, as i need to book off work asap.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41337 on: August 15, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
Anyone know when the dates will be out for the next rd of the c'ship, as i need to book off work asap.

Whoever gave ye a job?????????????

2 weeks

Squareball71

• View Profile
« Reply #41338 on: August 15, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »

29th August to 2nd September lad... draw could have been kinder to you Hillbilly.. what you think?

real food, real people

• View Profile
« Reply #41339 on: August 15, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »
Derry job up for grabs
15 August 2012

The Derry footballers could have a new manager next year after the county board's executive decided to seek nominations for the post at their meeting on Monday night.

This means that John Brennan, who has been at the helm for the past two years, will have to go through an interview process if he wants to keep his job. Clubs have until the middle of next week to nominate candidates for the post, which the county board hope to fill within the next month.

Lavey man Brennan said last week: "If anybody wants the job, they can feel free, they can go for it, I'll not be standing in their way.

"If anybody else can manage with the skeleton squad that I did, and manage without the top notch players, then in my opinion they are free to go."

Anyone any thoughts on who will be up for interview even??