Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 9070067 times)

glensman-derry

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #41040 on: July 15, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »
S&T
The Bradley's wont be in America this summer. Turned down big offers to stay and give the championship a rattle.  Massive amounts of money being quoted so there's obviousally not much of a recession among the ex-irish in America.
Have a good feeling about us this year. Injured players coming back and a few younger fella's stepping up.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #41041 on: July 15, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »
given the abuse the lads are getting on here, a summer in America mightn't`t be a bad thing!!

Wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #41042 on: July 15, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
S&T
The Bradley's wont be in America this summer. Turned down big offers to stay and give the championship a rattle.  Massive amounts of money being quoted so there's obviousally not much of a recession among the ex-irish in America.
Have a good feeling about us this year. Injured players coming back and a few younger fella's stepping up.

Heroes   ::)

gaagaa

• View Profile
« Reply #41043 on: July 15, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
Fair play to the both of them for staying - how many other players will show that type of loyalty to their clubs????

A lot of people are slagging PB about the comments he made - why are so many of the so-called best players in the county not available to the county team then?

At least he had the guts to say what he and most others were thinking?

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41044 on: July 15, 2012, 06:45:16 PM »
S&T

Glenullin city centre beats 5th Avenue hands down.

Hard oul day at the office for us today with Coleraine. Draw was a fair result as both sets of forwards kicked away a lot of ball. Another point on the board anyway.
Ciaran Mullan was very good today for Coleraine and Decky Mullan did well when introduced from bench.

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #41045 on: July 15, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
S&T

Glenullin city centre beats 5th Avenue hands down.

Hard oul day at the office for us today with Coleraine. Draw was a fair result as both sets of forwards kicked away a lot of ball. Another point on the board anyway.
Ciaran Mullan was very good today for Coleraine and Decky Mullan did well when introduced from bench.
Two very good player's to bring back to a club team. it'll be especially good to see declan mullan back playing again as i rate him. Ballinderry slaughneil coleraine dungiven kilrea loup or glenullin could win the senior's this year-take your pick.   

real food, real people

• View Profile
« Reply #41046 on: July 16, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »
Only after seeing him yesterday did I realise what a miss Ciaran Mullan was for Derry this year, quality player.

North Man

• View Profile
« Reply #41047 on: July 16, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
I see Screen conceded both games yesterday, very strange from a big club

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41048 on: July 16, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
I see Screen conceded both games yesterday, very strange from a big club

Absolute joke that the CCC have put fixtures in the supposed break. If the fixtures are posted at the start of the year and people book holidays around t
hem then they should try to stick it as much as possible. No consideration for players...again!

Wingman...............here , here.

You are 100% correct.

The club player trains from Jan/Feb until Oct. They look at the master plan and say ' misses I'll go to Bundoran in 2 weeks in July' but unfortunatly the misses is gonna 'miss' her time in front of the machines due to the new fixture structure. The misses is gonna be furious FFS. Although ye may save a few bob from her 10p machine addicition ye are gonna miss a crucial league game for the club.

If dates are set aside................... Set them to hell aside!

VICTORY TO THE CLUB FOOTBALLER/HURLER

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #41049 on: July 16, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
Exile, How many lads did screen have on holiday? Surely there would have been at least 20 lads available for the senior game?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41050 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
I was away over the weekend myself so I have no idea about numbers but as far as I'm aware between injuries and holidays we weren't able to field a team.

Everybody was told a few months ago and again a month ago that if they were goin on holiday to do it over last weekend and this week because we were supposed to have a 'break'. Even with injury we were down a lot of men for our last game against Slaughtneil so between the 2 you're down to the bare bones. We tried to get the game re-fixed but what can you do.

surfandturf

• View Profile
« Reply #41051 on: July 16, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »
Good news for the Glenullin men about the Bradleys remaining at home for the summer. Rumours are rife this time of the year and with Derry having a short summer certain players were always going to be targeted by the American money men.

Makes the championship more interesting.

Papa Bradley fairly boosted his credentials at the weekend after Antrims win over the Tribesmen. Well done to him and Paul McFlynn.

Will he want the Derry job?

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #41052 on: July 16, 2012, 08:41:24 PM »
Good news for the Glenullin men about the Bradleys remaining at home for the summer. Rumours are rife this time of the year and with Derry having a short summer certain players were always going to be targeted by the American money men.

Papa Bradley fairly boosted his credentials at the weekend after Antrims win over the Tribesmen. Well done to him and Paul McFlynn.

Would derry want him? i know i wouldn't

Wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #41053 on: July 17, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

Would derry want him? i know i wouldn't

^^^^^^^ My sentiments exactly!

screenmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #41054 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »
To be honest if Bradley had been managing Derry and had got a win over Galway he would have been a mini hero! He couldn't do any worse than the past few managers although whether ir would be a harmonious camp or not would be another matter!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.